Fenn studied linguistics and astronomy at the University of Hertfordshire, where she became the president of PSiFA (the local student Science Fiction society) from 1984-1985. She also helped organised Shoestringcons and edited their newsletter/fanzine, Hypo-Space, for a period.
Fenn has had several short stories published in various magazines and anthologies. Her debut novel, Principles of Angels was published in June 2008 (UK) and is the first of the Hidden Empire series. Her second novel, Consorts of Heaven, published in June 2009, mixed elements of fantasy with science fiction and was not a direct sequel. The third book, Guardians of Paradise (2010) brings together threads from the first two and the fourth and fifth, Bringer of Light (2011) and Queen of Nowhere (2013) take the story in a new direction. In 2012, Fenn published the short story collection Downside Girls. It features interlinked stories set in the universe of her Hidden Empire series.
Fenn was guest of honour at Novacon 42 in November 2012.
- Downside Girls (short fiction collection, 2012)
- Hidden Empire series
- Principles of Angels (2008)
- Consorts of Heaven (2009)
- Guardians of Paradise (2010)
- Bringer of Light (2011)
- Queen of Nowhere (2013)
- "Forthcoming Attractions". Retrieved 2010-02-14.
- "Jaine Fenn - An Orion Author". Orion Publish Group. Retrieved 2008-02-25.
- Tuttle, Lisa (2008-08-01). "Best of the month's science fiction" (Book review). London: Times Online. Retrieved 2008-08-07.
- "New author Jaine Fenn sells three novels to Gollancz". SF Scope. 2007-06-15. Retrieved 2008-02-25.
- Upcoming4.me. "Downside Girls, short story collection by Jaine Fenn cover art and synopsis details". Upcoming4.me. Retrieved 7 July 2012.
- Jaine Fenn's Blog
- Times review of Principles of Angels 1 August 2008
- Jaine Fenn at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- Downside Girls Review
- Story Behind Queen of Nowhere — Online Essay by Jaine Fenn
|This article about a writer or poet from the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|