|Full name||Jairo Samperio Bustara|
|Date of birth||11 July 1993|
|Place of birth||Cabezón de la Sal, Spain|
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 31 October 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
A product of local Racing de Santander's youth ranks, Jairo was promoted to the first team immediately after finishing his formation in 2011, by Argentine manager Héctor Cúper. He made his first-team – and La Liga – debut on 27 August, playing the last twelve minutes in a 3–4 away defeat against Valencia CF after coming on as a substitute for Manuel Arana.
On 21 September 2011, 18-year-old Jairo started his first official game for Racing, in a 0–0 home draw against Real Madrid. On 25 October he scored his first top flight goal in a 2–2 away draw against Sevilla FC, and went on to start in 14 of his league appearances in his first season (1,248 minutes of action), which ended in relegation.
On 21 June 2013, after again dropping down a level with Racing, Jairo signed a five-year deal with top-divisioner Sevilla, for a rumoured €2.5 million. He made his official debut for the club on 1 August, replacing José Antonio Reyes in the 19th minute of a 3–0 win over FK Mladost Podgorica for the campaign's UEFA Europa League.
- Soldado late show sinks Santander; ESPN Soccernet, 27 August 2011
- Real escape late scare; ESPN Soccernet, 21 September 2011
- Manu salvages point for Sevilla; ESPN Soccernet, 25 October 2011
- "Sevilla FC y Racing de Santander acuerdan el traspaso de Jairo Samperio" [Sevilla FC and Racing de Santander agree Jairo Samperio's transfer] (in Spanish). Sevilla's official website. 21 June 2013. Retrieved 22 June 2013.
- El Sevilla ficha a Jairo (Sevilla signs Jairo); Marca, 21 June 2013 (Spanish)
- Sevilla FC 3–0 FK Mladost Podgorica; Sevilla's official website, 1 August 2013 (Spanish)