|Full name||Jacob Kendall Kean|
|Date of birth||4 February 1991|
|Place of birth||Derby, England|
|Height||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
(on loan from Blackburn Rovers)
|2010||→ Hartlepool United (loan)||19||(0)|
|2011||→ Rochdale (loan)||14||(0)|
|2014–||→ Yeovil Town (loan)||2||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16:18, 20 September 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Kean started his football career at Derby County before moving to Blackburn Rovers towards the end of the 2008–09 season.
Kean joined Hartlepool United in September 2010 in a month-long loan deal. He made his debut on 18 September in a 0–0 away draw with Brentford. He kept 10 clean sheets during his four-month spell at Victoria Park.
Return to Rovers
He returned to Rovers because of the injury to first-choice Robinson and was back up to Mark Bunn for a few games, near to the end of the season he was permanently on the bench due to an injury to Bunn. On 13 May, he made his Premier League debut away to Chelsea in goal due to injuries to both Robinson and Bunn, this also meant both sides played second choice goalkeepers with Ross Turnbull deputising for Petr Cech in the opposite goal. Blackburn lost the game 2–1 with goals for Chelsea scored by John Terry and Raul Meireles, and Yakubu scoring for Rovers. Midway through the 2012–13 season in the Championship, Kean has taken the starting spot over Paul Robinson, and kept 3 clean sheets in wins over Derby County, Bristol City and Ipswich Town. He played a key part in Blackburn's shock 1–0 win against Arsenal in the FA Cup 5th round. He kept a clean sheet and made crucial saves that kept Blackburn in the game. Kean started the 2013/14 season as first-choice until the beginning of December when he lost his first-time place to Simon Eastwood. Kean slipped further down the pecking order in January with the return from injury of Paul Robinson who was re-instated as number one.
- As of 9 December 2013
Following an impressive four-month loan spell for League One outfit Hartlepool United, Ray Clemence was spotted scouting Kean during a 4–0 defeat to Peterborough United, and on 9 February 2011 he played 83 minutes for Brian Eastwick's England Under-20 side during a 2–1 defeat to France at Shrewsbury Town's New Meadow.
- "Professional retain list & free transfers 2012/13" (PDF). The Football League. 18 May 2013. p. 5. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- "Blackburn Rovers | Team | Reserves | Jake Kean". Rovers.co.uk. Retrieved 20 September 2010.
- "Team | Profiles | Jake Kean". Hartlepool United. 15 October 2007. Retrieved 20 September 2010.
- "BBC Sport – Football – Brentford 0–0 Hartlepool United". BBC News. 18 September 2010. Retrieved 20 September 2010.
- "Kean Joins Dale". Rochdale AFC. 2 August 2011. Retrieved 2 August 2011.
- "Chelsea 2–1 Blackburn". BBC Sport. 13 May 2012. Retrieved 16 May 2012.
- "Jake Kean: Yeovil sign goalkeeper on one-month loan from Blackburn". BBC Sport. 15 September 2014. Retrieved 15 September 2014.
- Includes FA Cup, League Cup and FA Community Shield