2012 Australian Paralympic Team portrait of Lappin
|Born||11 September 1992|
Jake Lappin (born 11 September 1992) is an Australian wheelchair athletics competitor. He has been selected to represent Australia at the 2012 Summer Paralympics in athletics. He did not medal at the 2012 Games.
Lappin started racing in 2005. At the 2008 Adelaide's City-Bay fun run, he finished first in the wheelchair category with a time of 29:42 minutes. In 2010, he was ranked 17th in the world in the 800 metre race. He competed in the 2010 Perth City to Surf, where he won the 11 km wheelchair event. In 2010, he won the Cedartown 5K Wheelchair Race in the Junior Boys category with a time of 11:27.85 minutes. At the 2010 Australian Athletes with a Disability Championships, he came in second in the 1500m wheelchair event with a time of 3:23.79. He came in third in the T54 men’s 100m wheelchair with a time of 16.62 seconds and third in the 200m wheelchair with a time of 29.31 seconds. He competed in the 2010 Commonwealth Games in the men's wheelchair T54 1500m. He was one three Australians to qualify for the finals, with the other two being Kurt Fearnley and Richard Colman. He finished third in the 1,500 metre heats with a time of .22.05. In 2011, he competed in Sydney's City2Surf event in the first year the event had an elite wheelchair category. His and other wheelchair competitors participation was funded by sponsors. He was selected to represent Australia at the 2012 Summer Paralympics in athletics. He did not medal at the 2012 Games.
Lappin is able to do pushups without using his legs.
- "Jake Lappin | APC Corporate". Australia: Australian Paralympic Committee. 2012. Retrieved 2012-07-13.
- Chris Dutton (2012-06-06). "Canberra's Paralympic athletes aim for Games glory". Australian Capital Territory: Canberra Times. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- Alexandra Falls (2010-10-19). "Rising star races in Delhi". Newspaper House. Retrieved 2012-07-16.
- Shevelove, Marty (2012-06-29). "Gold for Glenhuntly's Wroe at championships". Port Phillip Leader. Retrieved 2012-07-08.
- Amy, Paul. "Two will fly our flag at India games". Port Phillip Leader. Retrieved 2012-07-16.
- Wills, Daniel (2008-09-21). "Record numbers for Adelaide's City-Bay fun run". adelaide now. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- Washbourne, Michael (2010-08-29). "Kenyan Chelimo Luka Kipkemboi wins 2010 Perth Rebel Sports City to Surf for Activ marathon". News.com.au. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "The Fish Wrap — One champion repeats at Cedartown 5K Wheelchair Race". Cedartown Standard. 2010-06-29. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "Friendship blossoms in sand pit". The Australian. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- Sydney (2010-04-20). "Australian C'wealth Games athletics team named". Melbourne: The Age. Retrieved 2012-07-16.
- Doug Gillett (2011-04-20). "Rio dream on course with triumph". Bundaberg News Mail. Retrieved 2012-07-16.
- "City2Surf: king Kurt's chairman of the racing elite". Wauchope Gazette. 2011-08-11. Retrieved 2012-07-16.
- "Wheelchair racers tackle City2Surf — Local News — Sport — Other". Western Advocate. 2011-08-11. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "Walters sprints for London — Teenager set for Paralympics debut". Canberra Times (Canberra, Australia). 7 June 2012. Retrieved 8 July 2012.