Jake Nava is an accomplished director of music videos and TV commercials, having created award-winning works over the past decade for some of the best-known artists and brands worldwide. His most recent commission is the latest prestigious commercial for Guinness to be launched globally next January.
Whilst completing his film degree, Jake got his big break into the industry directing music videos and films for MTV Sports, travelling the world thinking up brave new ways to capture the main players of the extreme sports phenomenon that swept the ‘90s. He went on to become renowned for creating videos for the cream of the music industry, ranging from Britney Spears to Rolling Stones. This led to advertising campaigns for the likes of Armani, Puma, Diet Coke, Bacardi and HSBC and Jake has accumulated various accolades along the way for his compelling work. Perhaps most notably, Jake’s hard-hitting Anti-Gun campaign to reduce inner city gun crime received three D&AD nominations and was a project so well received that it reached over 90% of it’s target audience.
His impressive Lucozade spot was honoured with a place in Campaign magazine’s Top 10 TV & Cinema Ads and his videos for Adele “Someone Like You” and Kanye West “Monster” landed him in Entertainment Weekly’s Top 10 Music Video Directors listing. Responsible for many iconic pop clips, Jake is perhaps most widely known for his acclaimed collaborations with Beyoncé including “Crazy in Love” and the brilliantly effective video for “Single Ladies,” recently listed by the Times at position number 3 in The 25 Most Influential Music Videos of all time. It charts as the 3rd most downloaded video in the world and won “Video of the Year” at MTV America, MTV Europe and BET Awards.
Jake has worked with many celebrities from the music, fashion, film & sporting worlds including Georgia May Jagger, Jay-Z, Shakira, David Beckham, Maria Sharapova, Jessica Alba, Janet Jackson, Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell, Cindy Crawford, Halle Berry and the cast of Glee in a TVC for US Vogue magazine’s charity FNO. More recently he directed three music videos emerging from Beyoncé’s groundbreaking visual album (“Partition,” “Grown Woman,” and “***Flawless”), as well as a new Coke spot with James Franco, Lana Del Rey’s “Shades of Cool” and Arctic Monkeys “Arrabella”.
- Lana Del Rey, "Shades of Cool"
- Beyoncé "Partition"
- Beyoncé "Flawless"
- Beyoncé "Grown Woman"
- Beyoncé "Single Ladies”
- Beyoncé “If I Were a Boy”
- Beyoncé “Naughty Girl”
- Beyoncé & Shakira “Beautiful Liar”
- Beyoncé feat. Jay-Z “Crazy In Love”
- Beyoncé feat. Sean Paul “Baby Boy”
- Kanye West feat. Jay-Z, Nicki Minaj & Rick Ross “Monster”
- Britney Spears “My Prerogative”
- Alicia Keys "Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)"
- Shakira “She Wolf”
- Pink “Nobody Knows”
- Usher “Burn”
- Utada "Easy Breezy"
- Kelis “Milkshake”
- Mariah Carey feat. Jermaine Dupri “Get Your Number”
- Mariah Carey “Shake It Off”
- Lindsay Lohan "Rumors", "Over"
- Enrique Iglesias feat. Kelis "Not In Love"
- Paul Oakenfold feat. Brittany Murphy "Faster Kill Pussycat"
- Destiny's Child "Cater 2 U"
- System Of A Down "B.Y.O.B."
- Tina Turner “Whatever You Need”
- Brandy "Who Is She 2 u?"
- Blaque ft Missy Elliot "I'm Good"
- 112 feat. SuperCat "Na Na Na Na"
- Bee Gees "This is Where i Came In"
- Arctic Monkeys "Arabella"
- Adele “Someone Like You”
- Emeli Sande “Heaven”
- Leona Lewis “Run", "I See You"
- Kylie Minogue “Red Blooded Woman”
- The Rolling Stones “Streets Of Love”
- Delilah "Inside My Love"
- Audio Bullys “Way Too Long”
- Lo Fidelity All-Stars feat. FTR Pigeonhed “Battleflag"
- Lisa Maffia "All Over"
- Natalie Imbruglia “Shiver”
- Robbie Williams “Lovelight”
- Spice Girls “Holler”
- George Michael “An Easier Affair”
- Roni Size “Dirty Beats”
- Mark Morrison “Return Of The Mack”, "Crazy"
- Blue "Too Close"
- Ms. Dynamite “Dy-na-mi-tee”, "It Takes More"
- Mis-Teeq "B With Me", "Scandalous", "Can't Get It Back", "One Night Stand (U.S. Version)"
- Truesteppers & Dane Bowers feat. Victoria Beckham "Out Of Your Mind"
- Victoria Beckham "Not Such An Innocent Girl"
- Roll Deep "Bad Man"
- Beverley Knight "Made It Back (The Good Times Mix)", "Greatest Day"
- Shola Ama "You Might Need Somebody", "You're The One I Love"
- Urban Species feat. Imogen Heap "Blanket"
- Dane Bowers "Shut Up And Forget About It"
- Jamelia "Call Me"
- Glamma Kid "Bills 2 Pay"
- Atomic Kitten "It's OK!", "The Tide Is High (Get The Feeling)", "The Last Goodbye", "Be With You"
- The Cranberries "Stars"
- Dido "Don't Leave Home"
- Little Boots "New In Town"
- Natasha Bedingfield "Single"
- James Franco - Coke Light
- Ministry of Defense Army - More Than Meets The Eye
- Powerade - New Mix
- Lucozade - Tinie Tempah & Travis Barker
- Trident — Anti Gun Crime" Metropolitan Police
- Georgia May Jagger - Rimmel
- Kate Moss — Rimmel "16 Hours", Rimmel "Circle Line", Rimmel "Backseat"
- Naomi Campbell — Cat Deluxe
- Armani — Diamonds
- Rochas — Music of the Body
- Halle Berry — Revlon Cinderella, Revlon Magic Mirror, Revlon So Good, So Long
- Jessica Alba — Revlon Custom My Way
- Jessica Biel — Revlon In Full Bloom
- Beyoncé — Rise, Heat, Pepsi
- David & Victoria Beckham — Intimacy
- Vogue Magazine FNO — Glee
- Cindy Crawford — 5th Ave
- Heidi Klum — Schwarzkopf
- Laetitia Casta and Doutzen Kroes – L’Oreal "Honeygloss"
- Doutzen Kroes —L'Oreal Solare
- Maria Sharapova — Clear
- Balentine Whiskey
- Vinny Jones — Puma
- Samuel Eto’o – Puma
- Perez – Puma
- HSBC — Haute Couture, Guide
- Janet Jackson — The system
- Jake Nava at the Internet Movie Database
- 'Someone Like You' Director Jake Nava's Greatest Hits
- The 30 All-TIME Best Music Videos