|Born||Jacob Lynn Pavelka
January 27, 1978
|Other names||Jake Landrum|
|Alma mater||University of North Texas
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
|Occupation||Pilot, television personality,model, triathlete|
|Parents||Sallie Lanell Mack Pavelka (Mother), James Lynn Pavelka (Father)|
|Relatives||Jason Pavelka (brother), Matthew Pavelka (brother), Jessie Pavelka (cousin)|
Early life and career
Jacob Lynn Pavelka was born in Dallas, Texas to Sallie Lanell (née Mack) and James Lynn Pavelka. He is the youngest of three sons. His brothers, Jason and Matthew, are both married. He has two nephews. Pavelka grew up in Denton, Texas and he started taking flying lessons when he was twelve. He played high school football, and in 2001 he became a certified flight instructor. He attended the University of North Texas and Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona, Florida for Aerospace engineering. Pavelka became an airline captain and flight instructor at 23. He worked as a pilot for Atlantic Southeast Airlines and, under the name of Jake Landrum, acted in several television commercials and programs produced in the Dallas area. Pavelka is a cousin of fitness model, television presenter, actor and personal trainer Jessie Pavelka. Pavelka participates in triathlons and has been active throughout his life.
Pavelka first appeared as a contestant in 2009, in the fifth season of the ABC reality show The Bachelorette. He was eliminated from the competition, but was brought back by the network to star in the 14th season of its series The Bachelor in 2010. The program’s run ended with Pavelka proposing marriage to contestant Vienna Girardi in the March 2010 finale. The couple split up in June 2010.
Following the end of The Bachelor, Pavelka was named as one of the celebrity contestants for the tenth season of Dancing with the Stars. He and his partner Chelsie Hightower were the fifth to be eliminated, in April 2010. In July 2011, Pavelka was a contestant on the second season of Bachelor Pad. He was also a contestant on VH1's 2011 reality series Famous Food, and appeared on a September 2011 episode of The CW's reality show H8R. In 2014 he will be a contestant on Rachael vs. Guy: Celebrity Cook-Off.
In June 2010, Pavelka was scheduled to guest-star on an episode of Drop Dead Diva as Toby Devlin, contestant on a fictional reality dating show. On January 14, 2011, Pavelka guest-starred on The Bold and the Beautiful.
|1999||Walker, Texas Ranger||Young Cordell Walker|
|2000||The President's Man||Young Joshua McCord|
|2010||Drop Dead Diva||Toby|
|2010||Party Girl Plus One||Bryce Wharton Powell III|
|2011, 2013||The Bold and the Beautiful||Pilot|
|2012||Burning Love||Jeff||web series|
- "Jake Pavelka Biography". TV Guide Online. Retrieved 2009-03-30.
- "The Bachelor's Jake Pavelka and Vienna Girardi Split". TVGuide.com.
- Joyce Eng (March 25, 2010). "Dancing’s Jake Pavelka: I Feel Dumb Every Day in Rehearsal". Seattle Post-Intelligencer. Retrieved 2010-03-30.[dead link]
- Bierly, Mandi (2011-06-13). "Official 'Bachelor Pad' cast revealed - EXCLUSIVE | Inside TV | EW.com". Insidetv.ew.com. Retrieved 2012-07-26.
- "Jake Pavelka to Play a Bachelor on Drop Dead Diva". TVGuide.com.
- "The Bachelor's Jake Pavelka to Guest-Star on The Bold and the Beautiful". TVGuide.com. Retrieved November 19, 2010.
- "Which Hunky Bachelor Star Is Joining Chippendales". E! Online. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2012-07-26.