||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (January 2011)|
|Born||16 September 1992 (age 21)
|Parents||Shane Richie (father)
Coleen Nolan (mother)
Ray Fensome(stepfather) Christie Goddard
Early and personal life
Born in 1992, Roche is the son of Shane Richie and Coleen Nolan. Aged nine, his parents divorced, of the divorce Roche has said "I remember seeing on the front pages about my dad cheating, but as horrible as that was, we didn’t fully understand because we were so young – so it’s not had this massive, damaging impact on us or anything." He has admitted that he has been embarrassed by some of his mothers comments on television saying, "the worst was when my brother rang her by accident when he was having sex and she went and said it on Loose Women. Oh my God! If it had been me, I don’t think she’d have said it – I wouldn’t have taken it so well!"
He has one older brother, Shane Roche Jnr (born 1988) from his parents' marriage, a half-brother Mackenzie Blue Roche (born in 2006), and two half-sisters Lolita Bell Roche (born in 2008) and Romani-Skye Angel Shelley (born in 2011) from his dad's second marriage. He also has a half sister Ciara (born June 2001) from his mother's and stepfather Ray Fensome's marriage.
In 2010 he auditioned for the part of Isaac Nuttall in Emmerdale. Of the auditions he has said that he did not tell anyone who his parents were, Roche has said "I'd never go off mum and dad’s back because I wanted to know I could hold my own in a job like this." He was subsequently cast in the part and appeared on screens from August to October 2010.
Roche is the frontman for RIXTON (formerly "Relics") a Pop/R'n'B group. He plays alongside his bandmates Charley Bagnall, Lewi Morgan and Danny Wilkin. Roche plays Rhythm/Vocals. The band are signed by Scooter Braun, who runs SB Projects (also manages Justin Bieber, The Wanted, Carly Rae Jepsen, etc.). The bands first single was released on October 22, 2013 called 'Make Out', an upbeat song that involves the boys recreating scenes from famous 2013 music videos such as "Wrecking Ball" by Miley Cyrus, "Roar" by Katy Perry, "Applause" by Lady GaGa, "Blurred Lines" by Robin Thicke, and "Beauty and a Beat" by Justin Bieber and Nicki Minaj.
- Nolan, Coleen (2009). Upfront and Personal. London: PanMacmillan. pp. 123–124. ISBN [[Special:BookSources/978-0-383-07088-4|978-0-383-07088-4 [[Category:Articles with invalid ISBNs]]]] Check
- Soaps - News - Shane Richie's son cast in 'Emmerdale' - Digital Spy
- BBC - BBC Two Programmes - Rules of Love
- O'Boyle, Claire (27 August 2010). "Emmerdale’s new star Jake Roche on growing up with famous parents Coleen Nolan and Shane Richie - mirror.co.uk". Daily Mirror. Retrieved 16 January 2011.
- "Jake Roche's second mum". Channel 5. Retrieved 16 January 2011.
- "Shane Richie comforts his mother after father dies of cancer aged 65". Mail Online. Daily Mail. 29 October 2009. Retrieved 16 January 2011.
- Mcmahon, Kate (6 July 2010). "Shane Ritchie and Coleen Nolan's son Jake gets rival soap role in Emmerdale as dad returns to EastEnders - mirror.co.uk". Daily Mirror. Retrieved 16 January 2011.