16 September 1992 |
|Occupation||Recording artist, musician and actor|
|Parents||Shane Richie (father)
Coleen Nolan (mother)
Early and personal life
Born in 1992, Roche is the son of Shane Richie and Coleen Nolan. Aged nine, his parents divorced, of the divorce Roche has said "I remember seeing on the front pages about my dad cheating, but as horrible as that was, we didn’t fully understand because we were so young – so it’s not had this massive, damaging impact on us or anything."
He has one older brother, Shane Roche Jr. (born 1988) from his parents' marriage, and four half-siblings; a half sister Ciara (born June 2001) from his mother's and stepfather Ray Fensome's marriage, as well as a half-brother Mackenzie Blue Roche (born in 2006), and two half-sisters Lolita Bell Roche (born in 2008) and Romani-Skye Angel Shelley (born in 2011) from his father's second marriage.
In 2010 he auditioned for the part of Isaac Nuttall in Emmerdale. Of the auditions he has said that he did not tell anyone who his parents were, Roche has said "I'd never go off mum and dad’s back because I wanted to know I could hold my own in a job like this." He was subsequently cast in the part and appeared on screens from August to October 2010.
Roche is the frontman for the band Rixton (formerly Relics) a Pop/R&B group signed by Scooter Braun's SB Projects. The members of Rixton are Roche on vocals and rhythm, with other members being Charley Bagnall, Lewi Morgan and Danny Wilkin.
Rixton's first music video was released in October 2013 entitled "Make Out," an upbeat song that lampoons on famous music videos from Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, Lady GaGa, Robin Thicke, Justin Bieber and Nicki Minaj, but it was never released as a single. Their first official single, "Me and My Broken Heart" is taken from their EP of the same name.
- 2004: Finding Neverland as an orphan
- 2010: Emmerdale as Isaac Nuttall (12 episodes)
- 2010: Rules of Love as Matt
- 2012: Friday Night Dinner as First policeman (1 episode, "The New Car")
- 2012: Little Crackers as Paul McCartney (1 episode, "Alison Steadman's Little Cracker: The Autograph")
- 2012-2013: Scott & Bailey as Sammy Murray (3 episodes)
(As part of Rixton)
- 2014: Me and My Broken Heart EP
- 2013: "Make Out"
- 2014: "Me and My Broken Heart"
- Nolan, Coleen (2009). Upfront and Personal. London: PanMacmillan. pp. 123–124. ISBN 978-0-383-07088-4 Check
- Soaps - News - Shane Richie's son cast in 'Emmerdale' - Digital Spy
- BBC - BBC Two Programmes - Rules of Love
- O'Boyle, Claire (27 August 2010). "Emmerdale’s new star Jake Roche on growing up with famous parents Coleen Nolan and Shane Richie - mirror.co.uk". Daily Mirror. Retrieved 16 January 2011.
- "Jake Roche's second mum". Channel 5. Retrieved 16 January 2011.
- "Shane Richie comforts his mother after father dies of cancer aged 65". Mail Online. Daily Mail. 29 October 2009. Retrieved 16 January 2011.
- Mcmahon, Kate (6 July 2010). "Shane Ritchie and Coleen Nolan's son Jake gets rival soap role in Emmerdale as dad returns to EastEnders - mirror.co.uk". Daily Mirror. Retrieved 16 January 2011.