Sheridan in 2009
|Full name||Jake Sheridan|
|Date of birth||8 July 1986|
|Place of birth||Nottingham, England|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Alfreton Town F.C.|
|2011–2012||→ Lincoln City (loan)||20||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20:47, 22 April 2013 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Sheridan joined Notts County from Dunkirk on 5 August 2005. Sheridan, under the guidance of manager Gary Mills, made his debut for Notts County on 6 August 2005 in a scoreless away fixture against Torquay United. Just six days later he and teammate Stacy Long were offered one-year deals by County. During the 2005–06 season, Sheridan established himself as a regular in the team making 27 appearances and scored his only goal for the club in a 1–1 draw away to Wrexham. Sheridan agreed a new one-year deal at Meadow Lane on 22 May 2006.
The following season proved a little more difficult for Sheridan, with the midfielder only making a total of three league appearances, and finding himself on the wrong side of the retained list for the 2007–08 season.
On 2 July 2007, Sheridan teamed up with his former Notts County manager Gary Mills at Conference North side Tamworth, agreeing a one-year contract. In his first season with Tamworth, the club recorded a disappointing 15th place finish in the Conference North, with Sheridan making 12 appearances and failing to find the net.
Sheridan signed a new one-year contract to remain at Tamworth for the 200–09 season. Sheridan made 11 appearances and scored his first goal for the club in a home fixture against Southport, as Tamworth finished the season as league champions.
Following promotion to the Conference National, Sherdian was one of five players who agreed a new deal with The Lambs. He proved to be important member of the squad, and this showed as Sheridan made 23 appearances and had a very good season in front of goal, scoring five goals including a memorable winner in the 2–1 win at home to Wrexham on 25 August 2009.
After a successful season, Sheridan expressed interest in returning for 2010–11 season. He was granted his wish and was handed a further one-year extension. Sheridan again found himself a regular in the team, and went on to make 35 league appearances, and despite scoring only one goal all season, scored what proved to be the winner on the final day of the 2010–11 in a home fixture against Forest Green Rovers.
On 16 June 2011, Sheridan's hopes of another year with Tamworth were dashed, as new manager Marcus Law told him he was not part of his long term plans for the club, bringing an end to his four-year stay with the club. Sheridan left the club along with Aaron Farrell, a few week prior to his contract expiring, in a bid to start looking for a new club for the 2011–12 season.
He was loaned out to Conference National side Lincoln City on 17 November 2011 until 1 January 2012, and made his debut nine days later, starting the game against Ebbsfleet United, a match Lincoln went on to win 3–0. He later signed a permanent deal with Lincoln.
After a successful campaign with the imps, Sheridan joined Alfreton Town on a one year contract, following no new contract offer from Lincoln.
- As of match played 30 April 2011.
|Club performance||League||Cup||League Cup||Continental||Total|
|England||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Europe||Total|
|2005–06||Notts County||League Two||27||1||1||0||0||0||0||0||28||1|
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2007). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2007–08. Mainstream Publishing. p. 368. ISBN 9781845962463.
- "Torquay 0–0 Notts County". BBC Sport. 6 August 2005. Retrieved 6 August 2005.
- "Notts County offer deals to pair". BBC Sport. 12 August 2005. Retrieved 12 August 2005.
- "Wrexham 1–1 Notts County". BBC Sport. 10 December 2005. Retrieved 10 December 2005.
- "Sheridan signs new deal at County". BBC Sport. 22 May 2006. Retrieved 22 May 2006.
- "Signing spree". Tamworth F.C. 2 July 2007. Retrieved 2 July 2007.
- "Tamworth confirm squad additions". BBC Sport. 4 June 2009. Retrieved 4 June 2009.
- "Tamworth 2–1 Wrexham". BBC Sport. 25 August 2009. Retrieved 25 August 2009.
- "Sheridan eager for new term". Blue Square Bet Premier. 3 June 2010. Retrieved 3 June 2010.
- "Tamworth 2–1 Forest Green". BBC Sport. 30 April 2011. Retrieved 30 April 2011.
- "Jake departs after four memorable years at Tamworth". Tamworth Herald. 16 June 2011. Retrieved 16 June 2011.
- "Eastwood perform well but Wrexham win friendly". Eastwood Advertiser. 21 July 2011. Retrieved 21 July 2011.
- "Lincoln City sign Medley, Thompson and Sheridan". BBC Sport. 17 November 2011. Retrieved 18 December 2011.
- "26th November 2011, Lincoln City 3–0 Ebbsfleet". Lincoln City F.C. Retrieved 18 December 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jake Sheridan.|