|Traded as||NASDAQ: JAKK|
|Stephen Berman (Co-Founder, President and Chief Executive Officer)
Joel Bennett (Chief Financial Officer and Executive Vice President)
|Revenue||$804.3 million USD (2010)|
Jakks Pacific, Inc. is an American company that designs and markets toys and consumer products, with a range of products that feature numerous children's toy licenses. The company is named after its founder, Jack Friedman, who also presided over the company until his death in May 2010.
Jakks’ produces action figures, electronics, dolls, dress-up, role play, Halloween costumes, kids furniture, vehicles, plush, art activity kits, seasonal products, infant/preschool, construction toys, and pet toys sold under various proprietary brands including Jakks Pacific, Creative Designs International, Road Champions, Funnoodle, Go Fly a Kite, Jakks Pets, EyeClops, Plug It In & Play TV Games, Girl Gourmet, Kids Only!, Tollytots and Disguise. Jakks is a licensee of several hundred trademarks including Disney, Warner Bros., Nickelodeon, Star Wars, Hello Kitty, Ultimate Fighting Championship, Total Nonstop Action Wrestling, Graco, Cabbage Patch Kids, Nintendo and formerly Pokémon and World Wrestling Entertainment.
- 1 History
- 2 Products
- 3 Licensed brands
- 4 Restatements
- 5 References
- 6 External links
- 7 See also
Jakks Pacific, Inc. has been founded in 1995. Jakks has aquired several companies including Remco, Child Guidance, and Road Champions in 1997, Berk and Flying Colors in 1999, Pentech in 2000, Toymax, Go Fly A Kite and Funnoodle in 2002, Color Workshop and Trendmasters in 2003, Play Along Toys in 2004, Pet Pal Corp. in 2005, Creative Designs International in 2006, and Kids Only Toys, Tollytots, and Disguise in 2008. In 2012 Jakks Pacific announced the successful negotiation of licences for The Dark Knight Rises and The Amazing Spider-Man, promoting new toy ranges at the New York and other International Toy Fairs.
Plug It In & Play TV Games
Plug It In & Play TV Games interactive products are a series of plug-n-play game devices produced by Jakks Pacific. When connected to a television set, the user is able to play a pre-defined selection of video games. Some models are collections of ports of games by companies such as Atari and Namco, while others are collections of original games. Some versions facilitate the addition of games, via proprietary GameKey expansion cards, and/or include wireless features.
List of TV Games by Jakks Pacific
- EyeClops - A 200X magnifying device that plugs into a TV.
- EyeClops Multi-Zoom - An EyeClops with 100X, 200X, and 400X magnification.
- EyeClops Night Vision - An infrared night vision device, in head-mounted and neck-strapped models.
- BioniCAM - A portable version of the EyeClops with an LCD screen, and the ability to save pictures and videos to a USB storage device.
- vMigo - A handheld virtual pet game, which can be docked into a TV adapter.
- BioBytes - A handheld game, where the player uses their animal to attack the computer's, or a friend's (wirelessly).
Infant and toddler toys
- Dragon Ball Z
- Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
- New Japan Pro Wrestling
- World Wrestling Entertainment
- Real Steel
- Ryuji Juwara
Brands licensed to JAKKS Pacific for toy production include:
- Cabbage Patch Kids
- Care Bears
- Cheetah Girls
- Club Penguin
- Disney Fairies
- Hannah Montana
- Justin Bieber
- Max & Ruby
- Phineas and Ferb
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Star Wars
- Surf's Up
- Taylor Swift
- Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
- Rio 2
Former brands licensed to JAKKS Pacific for toy production include:
- WWE (1996-2009)
- Mucha Lucha
- Pokémon (2006-2012)
- Ultimate Fighting Championship
- Winx Club (2011-2014)
- Neopets (until January 2010)
On Feb 22, 2005, JAKKS Pacific was instructed to restate the financial statements for fiscal year 2003 to account for the acquisition of Toymax, Trendmasters and P&M Products.
- "Jakks Pacific Official Website".
- "JAKKS Pacific Reports Preliminary Fourth Quarter and Year-End Results for 2004".