|This article relies on references to primary sources. (February 2012)|
|Created by||Mike Spinelli|
Jalopnik contributors regularly attend media events and press conferences hosted by automotive manufacturers, which prior to the rise of the blogosphere in the 2000s, were limited to traditional media outlets. Jalopnik's site's former Editor-in-Chief, Ray Wert, appears regularly on live news programs including CNBC's On the Money.
On February 2, 2011, Jalopnik, underwent a major redesign of their format that faced overwhelming & immediate criticism to which the Editor in Chief responded: "We're not going back to the old design. You'll have to deal with that. "
Staff and Contributors 
The site's editor-in-chief is Matt Hardigree, who replaced Ray Wert in May 2012. Mike Spinelli, who founded Jalopnik and served as the site's Senior Editor, contributes regularly with Jalopnik as editor-emeritus.
Jalopnik's news items are often intermingled with humorous stories highlighting car culture, humorous criminal incidents, strange cars offered for sale on eBay or Craigslist, humorous phrasing and sarcasm within the items themselves, callbacks, inside jokes and repeating themes.
Jalopnik includes several regular, usually humorous features addressing car culture.
Question Of The Day and Answers Of The Day
Jalopnik Reviews - Reviews, typically by Alex Lloyd, include a new 100 point system (with ratings in categories such as Ride, Braking, Interior, Exterior, Toys, etc); followed by reasons why a buyer would like or would not like the car. With the new system, a 50 point final score would be an average car. Supercars have been rated in the high 70s and 80s.
Nice Price or Crack Pipe - The readers are asked to approve (Nice Price) or disapprove ("Crack Pipe") of the price of a particular vehicle for sale.
Hoon of the Day - Hooning is a term used to refer to one who drives a car or boat in a manner which is anti-social by the standards of contemporary society, that is, fast, noisily and/or dangerously. Every day, the editors choose someone who embodies this rebellious behavior best in a video segment called Hoon Of The Day.
Kinja 0.4 - The most recent commenting system on Jalopnik.
Similar or Competing Sites 
- "More Detroit Hysteria: Chrysler and Jeep Concept Video - KickingTires". Blogs.cars.com. Retrieved 2012-03-17.
- re (2005-07-29). "italiaspeed.com". italiaspeed.com. Retrieved 2012-03-17.
- Contact Ray Wert: Comment (2010-04-02). "Jalopnik Reviews: Camaro Convertible Concept". Jalopnik.com. Retrieved 2012-03-17.
- – Ray Wert (2006-11-17). "Dream A Little Dream Of Lincoln: No Mr. Badge-Engineering, We Expect You To Die!". Jalopnik.com. Retrieved 2012-03-17.
- – Mike Bumbeck (2007-05-03). "Drive and Learn: Bridgestone Horse Track Tire Party". Jalopnik.com. Retrieved 2012-03-17.
- [dead link]
- "Commenter Of The Day: The Hollywood Extra Edition". Jalopnik.com. 2009-02-06. Retrieved 2012-03-17.
- "About Jalopnik". Retrieved 7 April 2011.
- Contact Patrick Frawley: Comment. "Questionoftheday News, Videos, Reviews and Gossip". Jalopnik. Retrieved 2012-03-17.
- "Jalopnikreviews News, Videos, Reviews and Gossip". Jalopnik. 2012-03-03. Retrieved 2012-03-17.
- "Nicepriceorcrackpipe News, Videos, Reviews and Gossip". Jalopnik. 2010-11-09. Retrieved 2012-03-17.
- "Commenter Of The Day: HMS Polyanthus Edition". Jalopnik.com. 2009-02-13. Retrieved 2012-03-17.
- "Commenter Of The Day: I'm Not There Edition". Jalopnik.com. 2009-02-11. Retrieved 2012-03-17.