|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2010)|
Held annually in January, Jam Cruise is a music festival on a cruise ship. It features artists of the jam band genre playing at multiple venues aboard the vessel. While some aspects of the journey are typical of all cruise lines (ports of call with shore excursions, abundant dining opportunities), other features are unique to the Jam Cruise experience - most notably, intimate performances by bands from the top of the scene. Each of the past 10 Jam Cruise sailings have sold out. This highly coveted event is considered to be the highlight of the year for bands and fans alike.
- Jam Cruise 1 was held January 6–10, 2004 and made stops at Nassau, Bahamas and Key West, Florida.
- Jam Cruise 2 was held January 10–14, 2004 and made stops at Nassau, Bahamas and Key West, Florida.
- Jam Cruise 3 was held January 6–10, 2005 and made a stop at Freeport, Bahamas.
- Jam Cruise 4 was held January 7–13, 2006 and made stops at Ocho Rios, Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Costa Maya.
- Jam Cruise 5 was held January 2–7, 2007 and made stops at Cayo Levantado and Grand Turk Island.
- Jam Cruise 6 was held January 4–9, 2008 and made stops at Roatan, Honduras and Cozumel, Mexico.
- Jam Cruise 7 was held January 4–9, 2009 and made stops at Belize City, Belize and Costa Maya, Mexico.
- Jam Cruise 8 was held January 3–8, 2010 and made stops at Ocho Rios, Jamaica and George Town, Grand Cayman.
- Jam Cruise 9 was held January 4–9, 2011 and made stops at Roatan, Honduras and Costa Maya, Mexico.
- Jam Cruise 10 was held January 9-14, 2012 and made stops at Labadee, Haiti and Falmouth, Jamaica.
- Jam Cruise 11 was held January 7-12, 2013 and made stops at Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos and Coco Cay, Bahamas.
- Jam Cruise 12 was held January 4-9, 2014 and made stops at Falmouth, Jamaica and Half Moon Cay, Bahamas.
- Jam Cruise 13 will be held January 6-11, 2015 and will make stops at Roatan, Honduras and Costa Maya, Mexico.
- Jam Cruise 1 – Bill Nershi & Liza Oxnard; Dirty Dozen Brass Band; The Disco Biscuits; DJ Z-Trip; Galactic; Karl Denson's Tiny Universe; Ming + FS; Mofro; Particle; Peter Rowan's Crucial Reggae; Jerry Joseph; Tishamingo; Umphrey's McGee; Rob Wasserman; Keller Williams
- Jam Cruise 2 – The Codetalkers feat. Col. Bruce Hampton; The Disco Biscuits; DJ Medi4; DJ Motion Potion; Galactic; Hackensaw Boys; Mark Karan; Karl Denson's Tiny Universe; Les Claypool's Frog Brigade; Michael Franti and Spearhead; New Monsoon; Particle; RAQ; Rebirth Brass Band; Rob Wasserman; Yonder Mountain String Band
- Jam Cruise 3 – Aron Magner & Marc Brownstein; Benevento/Russo Duo; Col. Bruce Hampton & The Aquarium Rescue Unit; DJ Harry; DJ Logic; DJ Medi4; DJ Omen; Galactic; Garaj Mahal; Leslie Helpert; Jazz Mandolin Project; Karl Denson's Tiny Universe; Les Claypool's Frog Brigade; Mofro; North Mississippi Allstars; Ozomatli; Perpetual Groove; Peter Rowan & Tony Rice; Remarkable Elba Kramer; Robert Walter's 20th Congress; STS9; Tishamingo; Umphrey's McGee; Keller Williams; Zilla
- Jam Cruise 4 – Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra; Béla Fleck & The Flecktones; Les Claypool; Critters Buggin; Digable Planets; Everyone Orchestra; Fantastic 4; Galactic; Gomez; Hairy Apes BMX; Honkytonk Homeslice; Kang vs. Bassnectar; Karl Denson's Tiny Universe; Gabby La La; Scott Law; The Lee Boys; Michael Franti and Spearhead; New Monsoon; Remarkable Elba Kramer; Steve Kimock Band; Umphrey's McGee; Keller Williams; Zilla
- Jam Cruise 5 – ALO; Jeff Austin; Oteil Burbridge; Burning Spear; Deep Banana Blackout; The Derek Trucks Band; Luther Dickinson; Dirty Dozen Brass Band; The Disco Biscuits; DJ Afro; DJ Le Spam; DJ Logic; Eric Krasno; Galactic; Garage A Benevento; The Greyboy Allstars; JJ Grey; Hot Buttered Rum; Ivan Neville's Dumpstaphunk; Los Amigos Invisibles; New Mastersounds; Patterson Hood; Perpetual Groove; George Porter, Jr.; Railroad Earth; Rolla; Scrapomatic; The Stanton Moore Trio; Tea Leaf Green; Umphrey's McGee; Yo Mama's Big Fat Booty Band; Yonrico Scott Band; Zero
- Jam Cruise 6 – Warren Haynes; Michael Franti & Spearhead; Funky Meters feat. Art Neville, George Porter Jr., Russell Batiste & Ian Neville; Yonder Mountain String Band; Galactic; The Dark Star Orchestra; Soulive; Toots & the Maytals; Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings; The Everyone Orchestra feat. Kimock, Fishman, Coffin & Janover; Perpetual Groove; Grace Potter and the Nocturnals; Lotus; New Monsoon; Toubab Krewe; The Bridge
- Jam Cruise 7 – Les Claypool; Michael Franti & feat. J. Bowman; Medeski, Martin & Wood; Keller Williams with Moseley, Droll and Sipe; Robert Walter (musician); Galactic & the Cruise Krewe (featuring Big Sam, Walter "Wolfman" Washington & Trombone Shorty; Leftover Salmon; Karl Denson's Tiny Universe; Martin Sexton; the New Deal; Ivan Neville's Dumpstaphunk; Emmitt-Nershi Band; Grace Potter & The Nocturnals; Jackie Greene Tea Leaf Green; ALO; Lettuce; Garage A Trois; Porter Batiste Stoltz; New Mastersounds; Bonerama; The Lee Boys; The Dynamites featuring Charles Walker; Bustle in your Hedgerow; Brock Butler; DJ Rekha; DJ Rootz vs. Murphy and the premiere of Yacht Rock featuring Dan Lebowitz, Jamie Shields and Joel Cummins, Ryan Stasik & Kris Myers,
- Jam Cruise 8 - STS9 • The Word feat. John Medeski, North Mississippi Allstars & Robert Randolph • Zappa plays Zappa • Galactic • Karl Denson's Tiny Universe • Maceo Parker • Dark Star Orchestra • JJ Grey & Mofro • Railroad Earth • Steve Kimock's Crazy Engine • Lotus • Fantastic 4 feat. Robert Walter (musician), Adam Deitch, Eric Krasno & Cheme Gastelum • Toubab Krewe • Eric Krasno & Chapter 2 • The Motet plays the Talking Heads • Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue • Hot Buttered Rum • John Brown's Body (band) • Kyle Hollingsworth Band • Mike Dillon's Go Go Jungle • The Mother Hips • Break Science feat. Adam Deitch • Dragon Smoke feat. Robert Mercurio, Ivan Neville, Stanton Moore & Eric Lindell •Johnny Sketch & The Dirty Notes • George Porter Jr's Super Jam • DJ Logic • Pretty Lights • Special Guests: Col. Bruce Hampton • Skerik • Will Bernard
- Jam Cruise 9 - Bob Weir, Rob Wasserman, & Jay Lane are Scaring the Children, The Rhythm Devils feat. Bill Kreutzmann and Mickey Hart, Robert Randolph & The Family Band, Galactic, Karl Denson's Tiny Universe, God Street Wine, Stockholm Syndrome, Lotus, JoJo's Mardi Gras Band, ALO, Ivan Neville's Dumpstaphunk, Easy Star All-Stars, Lettuce, Garage A Trois, The New Mastersounds, Sierra Leone's Refugee All Stars, Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears, Anders Osborne featuring sets with Stanton Moore & Robert Walter and with George Porter, Jr & Johnny Vidacovich, Big Sam's Funky Nation, Cornmeal, Some Cat From Japan featuring Ron Johnson, Will Bernard, Scott Metzger, Eric Bolivar & Nigel Hall performing a tribute to Jimi Hendrix. Greensky Bluegrass, Big Gigantic, Zach Deputy, The Pimps Of Joytime, Maceo Parker Super Jam, Papadosio, The Everyone Orchestra featuring Matt Butler, Nutritious, Jeff Bujak, Wyllys, Nathan Moore, Brock Butler, David Gans. Special Guests: Leo Nocentelli, Fred Wesley, Col. Bruce Hampton, Jennifer Hartswick, Big Chief Monk Boudreaux, Pee Wee Ellis, Joel Cummins, Robert Walter, Steve Kimock, Taylor Hicks.
- Jam Cruise 10 - Umphrey's McGee, Galactic, Keller & the Keels, Bruce Hornsby & the Noisemakers, Toots & the Maytals, Soulive, Karl Denson's Tiny Universe, Railroad Earth, Ozomatli, The New Deal, Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue, EOTO, 7 Walkers feat. Bill Kreutzmann, Papa Mali, Matt Hubbard & George Porter, Jr. w/ Steve Kimock, The New Mastersounds, Shpongle, Perpetual Groove, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Toubab Krewe, Break Science w/ Chali 2na, George Porter & the Runnin' Pardners, Orgone, Dr. Klaw, Surprise Me Mr. Davis, Dead Kenny G's, The Heavy Pets, A Tribute to Sly & the Family Stone w/ Ivan Neville, Eric Krasno, Ian Neville, Adam Deitch, Nick Daniels & Nigel Hall, Tony Hall Super Jam, The Everyone Orchestra, Paper Diamond, DJ Logic and DJ Kraz with special guests Steve Kimock, Anders Osborne, Chali 2na, Col. Bruce Hampton, Big Sam, Kyle Hollingsworth and Jessica Lurie.
- Jam Cruise 11 - moe.; Medeski, Scofield, Martin and Wood; Funky Meters; Galactic; Karl Denson's Tiny Universe; Femi Kuti and the Positive Force; Big Gigantic; Steel Pulse; JJ Grey and MoFro; Lettuce; Ivan Neville's Dumpstaphunk; Steve Kimock w/ Bernie Worrell, Wally Ingram and Andy Hess; ALO; Tea Leaf Green; Breakestra; Medeski, Skerik, Deitch; The Soul Rebels; WRD; Greensky Bluegrass; Hot Buttered Rum; The Motet - Funk is Dead; Nicki Bluhm and The Gramblers; The Pimps of Joytime; Marchfourth Marching Band; Boombox; Zoogma; Magic Gravy; Brokedown in Bakersfield; Wyllys & The New York Hustler Ensemble; Orchard Lounge; Kraz; Eddie Roberts Super Jam; Everyone Orchestra; Nathan Moore; Brock Butler; Scott Law and special guests Jeff Coffin; Mike Dillon; Col Bruce Hampton; Kyle Hollingsworth; Joel Cummins and Roosevelt Collier.
On January 8, 2011, Jam Cruise's oceanliner were targeted by U.S. law enforcement agencies prior to departure from port. Individuals found to be in possession of contraband were arrested and removed from the ship's roster
- Jam Room
- Rock Star Karaoke
- Texas Hold Em Tournament
- Presidential Election HeadCount
- Theme Nights
- Funky Bingo
- Moog Workshop
- Blues Guitar Workshop
- Sax Workshop
- Autograph Signings
- Campbell, Janie. "No High Seas for Jam Fest After Feds Raid Ship for Drugs". NBC Miami. Retrieved 19 December 2011.