Jamaat Ahle Sunnat
|Barelvis consider Durood very important.|
Ameen Mian Qaudri, India
|Kanzul Iman, translation of the Qur'an
In 2006, a bomb attack on a Jamaat Ahle Sunnat organised event to celebrate the mawlid (birthday of the Muslim prophet Muhammad) in Karachi killed at least 57 people and injured over 80. Among the dead were several Barelvi religious figures, including the senior leadership of Jamaat Ahle Sunnat and Sunni Tehreek. Three men said to belong to the Lashkar-e-Jhangvi were indicted for the crime.
In January 2011, scholars from the organization advised Muslims not to attend the funeral of Salmaan Taseer, the Punjab governor who had recently been assassinated in response to his outspoken beliefs against blasphemy laws.
- Bomb carnage at Karachi prayers, BBC Online, 11 April 2006
- JAS releases Nishtar Park bomb blast video, Daily Times (Pakistan), 21 March 2008
- Special Coverage of Nishtar Park bombing, Jang Group Online
- Three LJ activists indicted in Nishtar Park blast case, Dawn (newspaper), 2 September 2009
- "Pakistanis bury Punjab governor". Al Jazeera. 2011-01-05. Retrieved 6 January 2011.