|HE Hon. Amb. Dato' Sri Dr. Ir.
Jamaluddin Mohd. Jarjis
|Jamaluddin with US president Barack Obama|
|Malaysian Minister Of Science, Technology and Innovation|
24 March 2004 – 17 March 2008
|Succeeded by||Maximus Ongkili|
|Member of Parliament for Rompin|
24 March 2004
25 May 1951 |
|Political party||United Malays National Organisation (UMNO) part of Barisan Nasional|
Dato' Sri Dr. Ir. Jamaluddin bin Mohd. Jarjis is a Malaysian politician and the former Minister of Science, Technology and Innovation. He currently serves as the Chairman of 1 Malaysia Peoples' Housing (PR1MA), and Malaysian special envoy to the United States.
While serving as Science, Technology and Innovation Minister, Jamaluddin oversaw the Angkasawan program, which resulted in Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor becoming the first Malaysian in space on October 10, 2007, when he blasted off to the International Space Station on board Soyuz TMA-11.
Jamaluddin has held various positions in the Cabinet of Malaysia since 2002:
- Second Minister of Finance (November 2002 – January 2004)
- Minister of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs (January 2004 – March 2004)
- Minister Of Science, Technology and Innovation (March 2004 – March 2008)
- Malaysian Ambassador to the United States with ministerial status (July 2009 – February 2012)
Jamaluddin is married to a dentist, Datin Seri Dr. Kalsom Ismail. They have four children.
Jamaluddin Jarjis completed his secondary education in Sultan Abu Bakar School (SABS), Kuantan
|1990||Jamaluddin Jarjis (UMNO)||20,994||71%||Salim Ahmad (PAS)||17,579||26%|
|1995||Jamaluddin Jarjis (UMNO)||18,531||73%||Yahya Awang (PAS)||5,706||23%|
|1999||Jamaluddin Jarjis (UMNO)||15,907||60%||Mazlan Mohamed Yasin (PAS)||9,879||37%|
|2004||Jamaluddin Jarjis (UMNO)||19,359||64%||Sukri Ahmad (PAS)||10,009||33%|
|2008||Jamaluddin Jarjis (UMNO)||21,308||65%||Mazlan Mohamed Yasin (PAS)||10,629||32%|
|2013||Jamaluddin Jarjis (UMNO)||30,040||66.8%||Nuridah Mohd Salleh (PAS)||14,926||33.2%|
- As a Malaysian special envoy to the US, he'll assist the new Malaysian ambassador to US to hold his/her office.
- "PR1MA wujud imbangan pembelaan". Utusan Malaysia (in Malay). 6 February 2012. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- "Two new Ministers, one new deputy". The Star (Star Publications). 20 November 2002. Retrieved 16 July 2010.
- Bernama First Malaysian Goes Into Space, Nation Sets History October 10, 2007
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum Parlimen/Dewan Undangan Negeri". Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 16 July 2010. Percentage figures based on total turnout.