James A. Herrick
James A. Herrick (born October 6, 1954) is Professor of Communication at Hope College and author of books on rhetoric and on the history of religious ideas.
Herrick graduated with his BA from California State University in 1976. He then studied for his MA at University of California until 1979. His PhD was awarded by the University of Wisconsin in 1984. Since then he has taught at Hope College. He specialises in the areas of rhetoric and argumentation. Herrick is a Christian.
- Critical thinking: The analysis of arguments. Gorsuch Scarisbrick. 1990.
- Argumentation: Understanding and Shaping Arguments. Allyn & Bacon. 1995.
- The History and Theory of Rhetoric: An Introduction. Allyn & Bacon. 1990.
- Herrick, James A. (1997). The Radical Rhetoric Of The English Deists: The Discourse Of Skepticism, 1680-1750. University of South Carolina Press. ISBN 978-1-57003-166-3.
- Herrick, James A. (2003). The Making of the New Spirituality: The Eclipse of the Western Religious Tradition. InterVarsity Press. ISBN 978-0-8308-3279-8.
- Scientific Mythologies: How Science and Science Fiction Forge New Religious Beliefs. InterVarsity Press. 2008.
|This biography of an American academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|