James Andrews (businessman)
James Andrews is an American marketing executive and speaker on pop culture and social media.
Andrews worked as a Senior Director of Marketing at Columbia Records. He went on to hold the position of Executive Vice President of Marketing at Ecko Unlimited. Andrews created SoulPurpose.com. an online community and e-mail newsletter for the entertainment industry. He sold SoulPurpose.com to Urban Box Office (UBO) in the late 90s and joined UBO as Executive Vice President.
Andrews recently held the position of Vice President/Director of the Interactive Communications Division of Ketchum, a global public relations firm. During his time at Ketchum, Andrews created an industry controversy with his use of the micro-blogging platform, Twitter. The controversy was covered in multiple publications.
- Variety - UBO ups Andrews to exec veep
- PR Week - Senior hires at Ketchum include James Andrews
- Ad Age - Ketchum employee sets off a tempest in a tweetpot
- PR Week - Ketchum employees' Tweet causes client controversy
- CNN - James Andrews talks to CNN's Don Lemon about the rise of social networks as news outlets
- FastCompany.com Blog - Socially Networked Content: Why TV & Film Need Social Media