James B. Adamson
He is noted as a turnaround specialist having helped restructure of drugstore chain Revco after its purchase by CVS Caremark in 1997. He was instrumental in restoring Denny's reputation after a series of racial incents occurred at several of its stores during the mid-1990s. He was given the position of Kmart CEO in an attempt to swing the company's finances around in March 2002.
- "Marchioli Named President & CEO Of Advantica and Denny's; Adamson to Continue as Chairman". Business Wire. 4 January 2001. Retrieved 9 March 2010.
- El Boghdady, Dina (12 March 2002). "Kmart Chief Executive Resigns". Washington Post. Retrieved 9 March 2010.
- "Kmart Promotes President Julian C. Day to Chief Executive Office as company prepares to emerge from Chapter 11". Sears Holdings. 19 January 2003. Retrieved 9 March 2010.
- Hays, Constance (12 March 2002). "Chief Is Out As Kmart Tries To Get Footing For Comeback". New York Times. pp. c1. Retrieved 9 March 2010.
- "Kmart CEO Conaway Leaves Company". Retail Merchandiser magazine. 11 March 2002. Retrieved 9 March 2010.
|This article about a chief executive from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|