James Basevi Ord
James Basevi Ord (March 15, 1892 - January 30, 1938) was a US Army Lieutenant Colonel killed in an air crash at Camp John Hay, Philippines. At the time, Ord was serving as the Assistant Military Advisor to the Commonwealth of the Philippines, under US Military Advisor General MacArthur.
Upon his death, Ord was replaced by Major Sutherland.
Camp General Servillano Aquino was formerly called Camp Ord.
- 1911 - 1915—Attends United States Military Academy (USMA) - West Point, New York
- 1915 - 1917 -- 6th Infantry Regiment
- June - July 1917—54th Infantry Regiment
- 1917 - 1918—Instructor of Modern Languages at USMA
- 1918—Intelligence Officer & Assistant Adjutant—USMA
- 1918—The Hague, Netherlands
- 1924—Promoted to Major (United States)
- 1932—Assistant Military Attaché to France
- 1932 - 1933—Attends the Army War College
- 1933 - 1935—Instructor of Section G-2, Army War College
- 1935 - 1938 -- Assistant Military Advisor to the Commonwealth of the Philippines
- January 30, 1938—killed in air crash at Baguio City
Ord was the son of Captain James Thompson Ord and Rose Basevi. He was the grandson of Major General Edward Otho Cresap Ord. Major Edward Otho Cresap Ord II was his uncle, and Major General James Garesche Ord was his cousin.
Ord is buried in Section 2 of Arlington National Cemetery.