||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (May 2010)|
James Blendick is a character actor, born in 1941, perhaps best known for his 15-year-long association with the Stratford Festival.
Among the productions in which he has performed leads are Much Ado About Nothing, The Cherry Orchard, Waiting For Godot, Juno and the Paycock, Coriolanus, Richard III, Amadeus, The Little Foxes, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Midsummer Night's Dream, Twelfth Night and School For Scandal among many others. More recently he appeared in the title role of Titus Andronicus (2000) and as Gonzalo in The Tempest, with Christopher Plummer (2010) at the Stratford Festival.
Mr. Blendick has also performed on Broadway (opposite Plummer in Cyrano), at the Guthrie Theater, Minneapolis, at the Old Globe, San Diego and at the Grand Theatre, London. He has also acted extensively in film and television.
- (1995) Tommy Boy ... Ron Gilmore
- (1993) Guilty as Sin ... McMartin
- (1983) Star 80 ... Gunseller
- (1981) Getting Even ... Kenneth Knight
- (1981) Years of The Beast ... Jackson McKifer
- (1980) Resurrection ... Scientist
- (1980) Cordélia ... Bourreau Radcliff
- (1976) Shoot ... Pete
- (1967) The Three Musketeers ... Porthos
- (1998–2000) Mythic Warriors: Guardians of The Legend ... Narrator (voice)
- (1998–1998) Silver Surfer ... Galactus (voice)
- (1996–1997) X-Men ... High Evolutionary (voice), Apocalypse/En Sabah Nur (voice) (1997)