James C. Bean
Bean was previously the dean of the Lundquist College of Business at the University of Oregon where he served as the Harry B. Miller Professor of Business. Additionally, he served as an administrator for 24 years at the University of Michigan. He served as the associate dean for graduate education and international programs in the College of Engineering, and associate dean for academic affairs. In addition to his duties as provost, he is a member of the board of trustees at Harvey Mudd College.
Bean was previously president of the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences. He remains a charter fellow of the institute.
- Ph.D. Operations Research, Stanford University, 1980
- M.S. Operations Research, Stanford University, 1979
- B.S. Mathematics, Harvey Mudd College, 1977
- "Contract and Duties". UO Matters. Retrieved 15 August 2012.
- "Board of Trustee Biographies". Hmc.edu. 2009-06-15. Retrieved 2012-01-08.
- Harbaugh, William T. "Provost Bean is unacceptable as interim President". UO Matters. Retrieved 15 August 2012.
- Harbaugh, William T. "Live notes from 5/23/2012 Senate meeting". UOMatters. Retrieved 24 May 2012.