James H. Davenport
|Professor James Davenport|
James Davenport in 2001
|Born||James Harold Davenport
1953 (age 59–60)
Computer algebra systems
|Institutions||University of Cambridge
University of Bath
|Thesis||On the integration of algebraic functions (1979)|
|Doctoral advisor||John Peter Fitch
Arthur Charles Norman
|Doctoral students||John Abbott
James Harold Davenport (born 1953) is a British computer scientist who works in computer algebra. Having done his PhD and early research at the Computer Laboratory, University of Cambridge, he is the Hebron and Medlock Professor of Information Technology at the University of Bath in Bath, England.
Davenport is an author of a textbook about computer algebra and many papers. He has been Project Chair of the European OpenMath Project and its successor Thematic Network, with responsibilities for aligning OpenMath and MathML, producing Content Dictionaries and supervised a Reduce-based OpenMath/MathML translator, and was Treasurer of the European Mathematical Trust. He was Founding Editor-in-Chief of the London Mathematical Society's Journal of Computation and Mathematics.
Davenport is the son of Harold Davenport.
- List of publications from Google Scholar
- James H. Davenport at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- James H. Davenport from SciVerse Scopus bibliographic database
- Davenport, James Harold. On the integration of algebraic functions. Berlin ; New York : Springer, 1981. 197 p. ; 25 cm. ISBN 978-0-387-10290-0 (paperback)
- Computer algebra : systems and algorithms for algebraic computation / J.H. Davenport, Y. Siret, E. Tournier ; translated from the French by A. Davenport and J.H. Davenport. London : San Diego : Academic Press, 1988. xix, 267 p. : ill. ; 24 cm. ISBN 978-0-12-204230-0
- EUROCAL ’87 : European Conference on Computer Algebra, Leipzig, GDR, June 2–5, 1987 : proceedings / J.H. Davenport (ed.). Berlin ; New York : Springer-Verlag, c1989. viii, 499 p. : ill. ; 25 cm. ISBN 978-0-387-51517-5 (New York : acid-free paper) ISBN 978-3-540-51517-3 (Berlin : acid-free paper)
- Mathematical knowledge management : second international conference, MKM 2003, Bertinoro, Italy, February 16–18, 2003 : proceedings / Andrea Asperti, Bruno Buchberger, James H. Davenport (eds.).
- London Mathematical Society Journal of Computation and Mathematics: Editorial; Aims and Scope Archived 15 December 2010 at WebCite
|This biography article of a United Kingdom academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|