|Full name||James Francis Dayton|
|Date of birth||12 December 1988|
|Place of birth||Enfield, England|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|2008||→ Yeovil Town (loan)||2||(0)|
|2008||→ Crawley Town (loan)||3||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 17:33, 19 September 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Dayton was released by Crystal Palace on 6 May 2009, after being at the club since the age of 10. During his time at Palace he went on two loan spells, both in 2008, to Yeovil Town and Crawley Town.
He signed for Kilmarnock on a three-year deal in August 2010 after a successful trial period. He suffered a cruciate ligament injury which ruled him out for the season after a blistering start. He also scored a contender for goal of the season during the same match in which he received the knee injury. However, he returned to first team action in the 1–1 draw with Inverness Caledonian Thistle in the SPL on 9 April 2011 and went on to appear in the remaining games of the 2010–11 season. Concluding the season with a consolation goal from a free-kick in the 5–1 to Rangers on 15 May 2011.
On December 2011, Dayton picked up the Clydesdale Bank Sky Sports goal of the month award for his 35-yard strike against Dundee United on 17 December 2011 and eventually being awarded SPL goal of the season.
After rejecting a new three-year contract at Kilmarnock, rendering him a free-agent, Dayton joined Oldham Athletic on 20 May 2013 signing a two-year contract, therefore reuniting with former team-mate turned Oldham Athletic manager Lee Johnson.
- As of 15 December 2013
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other[note 1]||Total|
|Yeovil Town (loan)||2008–09||2||0||0||0||1||0||1||0||4||0|
|Crawley Town (loan)||2008–09||3||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||3||0|
- Includes other competitive competitions, including the Football League Trophy.
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2009). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2009–10. Mainstream Publishing. ISBN 978-1-84596-474-0.
- Palace offer Kuqi new deal
- James Dayton Joins the Glenn Hoddle Academy For A Top-Flight Football Future
- "Winger James Dayton wins Kilmarnock contract". BBC Sport. 11 August 2010. Retrieved 12 August 2010.
- Moffat, Colin (15 May 2011). "Kilmarnock 1-5 Rangers". BBC News.
- "Kilmarnock 4-1 Hibernian". BBC News. 14 August 2011.
- "Latics sign Dayton". Oldham Athletic AFC. Retrieved 20 May 2013.
- James Dayton career stats at Soccerbase