James Johnson (basketball player)
|No. 3 – Memphis Grizzlies|
|Position||Small forward / Power forward|
February 20, 1987 |
|Listed height||6 ft 9 in (206 cm)|
|Listed weight||248 lb (112 kg)|
|High school||Cheyenne East
|College||Wake Forest (2007–2009)|
|NBA draft||2009 / Round: 1 / Pick: 16th overall|
|Selected by the Chicago Bulls|
|2013||Rio Grande Valley Vipers|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
James Patrick Johnson (born February 20, 1987) is an American professional basketball player who currently plays for the Memphis Grizzlies of the NBA. He was drafted 16th overall in the 2009 NBA draft by the Chicago Bulls. Johnson was the starting power forward for the Demon Deacons of Wake Forest University from 2007–2009. He declared his eligibility for the 2009 NBA draft following his sophomore year. Johnson is listed as 6 ft 9 in (2.06 m) and 248 lb (112 kg).
- 1 High school
- 2 College
- 3 Professional career
- 4 NBA career statistics
- 5 References
- 6 External links
As a freshman at Wake Forest in 2007–08, Johnson had an instant impact, garnering third team All-ACC honors as a freshman and finishing second in the 2008 ACC Rookie of the Year balloting, as he led the Demon Deacons in scoring and rebounding.
As a sophomore, Johnson again led the team in rebounding, leading the team to a 24-5 record and a #1 ranking during the 2008–09 season. He was again named third team All-ACC. Following the season, Johnson declared his eligibility for the 2009 NBA draft.
|2007–08||Wake Forest Demon Deacons||30||14.6||8.1||1.2||1.4||1.3||.487||.280||.689||29.2||2.6|
|2008–09||Wake Forest Demon Deacons||31||15.0||8.5||2.0||1.4||1.5||.542||.319||.697||30.5||2.4|
Chicago Bulls (2009–2011)
Johnson was drafted 16th overall by the Chicago Bulls in the 2009 NBA draft. On July 8, 2009, he signed his first professional contract with the Bulls. On January 27, 2011, Johnson was assigned to the Iowa Energy of the NBA D-League. On February 14, 2011, he was recalled by the Bulls.
Toronto Raptors (2011–2012)
Sacramento Kings (2012–2013)
Atlanta Hawks (2013)
Rio Grande Valley Vipers (2013)
In November 2013, he was acquired by the Rio Grande Valley Vipers.
Memphis Grizzlies (2013–present)
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- James Johnson NBA & ABA Stats
- "Son of Samoa makes it big at Wake Forest". samoanewsonline.com. June 22, 2009. Archived from the original on July 16, 2011.
- James Johnson – Samoan Bios
- James Johnson Bio
- BULLS ASSIGN JAMES JOHNSON TO D-LEAGUE
- Johnson rejoins Bulls after NBDL stint
- "Raptors Acquire Johnson From Chicago". NBA.com. February 22, 2011. Retrieved January 13, 2014.
- "KINGS ACQUIRE JAMES JOHNSON". NBA.com. July 16, 2012. Retrieved January 13, 2014.
- Atlanta Hawks fill up their training camp roster
- Atlanta Hawks waive James Johnson
- VIPERS SELECT JOHNSON AND HUNT IN FIRST ROUND OF NBA DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE DRAFT
- Grizzlies sign James Johnson