|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (August 2011)|
|Alma mater||University of Pennsylvania|
Dr. James G. McGann is a member of the academic support staff at the University of Pennsylvania, a Senior Fellow at the Foreign Policy Research Institute and founder/director of the Think Tanks and Civil Societies Program (TTCSP). Most notable for his extensive work on public policy research organization, he is a frequent adviser to numerous governments and international organizations worldwide.
- Think Tanks and Civil Societies: Catalyst for Ideas and Action, co-edited with Kent B.Weaver (Transaction Publishers, 2000)
- Competition for Dollars, Scholars and Influence In The Public Policy Research Industry (University Press of America, 1995)
- Comparative Think Tanks, Politics And Public Policy, (Edward Elgar Publishing, 2006)
- Ideas and Influence: Think Tanks, Politics and Public Policy, (Edward Elgar Publishing, 2003)
- Global Think Tanks: Policy Networks and Governance (Global Institutions), (Routledge, 2010)
- Think Tanks and the Power of the Purse, (Foreign Policy Research Institute, 1997)
Fifth Estate: Think Tanks and Domestic and Foreign Policy in the US (Forthcoming University of Pennsylvania Press 2015)
How Think Tanks Shape Social Development Policies (University of Pennsylvania Press 2014) http://www.upenn.edu/pennpress/book/15244.html
2013 Global Go To Think Tank (AKA Think Tank Rankings) http://repository.upenn.edu/think_tanks/8/ 2012 Global Go To Think Tank Index (AKA Think Tank Rankings) http://repository.upenn.edu/think_tanks/7/ 2011 Global Go To Think Tank Index (AKA Think Tank Rankings) http://repository.upenn.edu/think_tanks/6/ Global Think Tanks, Policy Networks and Governance (Routledge 2010) http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9780415779791/ Democratization and Market Reform in Developing and Transitional Countries Think Tanks as Catalysts (Routledge 2010) http://www.routledge.com/books/Democratization-and-Market-Reform-in-Developing-and-Transitional-Countries-isbn9780415547383 Catalysts for Growth and Development: The Role of Think Tanks in Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa (CIPE 2009) http://www.cipe.org/bookstore Comparative Think Tanks, Politics and Public Policy (Edward Elgar 2005) http://www.e-elgar.co.uk/Bookentry_Main.lasso?id=2756
- McGann, James. "James McGann". Foreign Policy Research Institute.