March 19, 1964 |
|Alma mater||Harvard University
Trinity College, Cambridge
|Doctoral advisor||Joe Harris|
|Notable awards||Cole Prize (2009)
Clay Research Award (2007)
McKernan was the joint winner of the Cole Prize in 2009, and joint recipient of the Clay Research Award in 2007. Both honors were received jointly with his colleague Christopher Hacon. He gave an invited talk at the International Congress of Mathematicians in 2010, on the topic of "Algebraic Geometry".
- "Christopher Hacon and James McKernan Receive 2009 AMS Cole Prize in Algebra". American Mathematical Society. 2009-01-06.
- "Mathematics Professor Receives Cole Prize". University of California, Santa Barbara. 2009-02-09.
- "Clay Research Award, 2007". Clay Mathematics Institute.
- "ICM Plenary and Invited Speakers since 1897". International Congress of Mathematicians.
- Official website
- James McKernan at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Citation for 2009 Cole Prize in Algebra
|This article about a United Kingdom mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|