James R. Young (UP)
Youth and education
He began working for Union Pacific in 1978. Through a series of promotions he worked his way up the chain of command to be elected President of the railroad in January 2004. In February 2005, he was elected to the Board of Directors for the railroad, becoming Chairman in November 2005. On January 1, 2006, he succeeded Richard K. Davidson as CEO of Union Pacific Corporation, the parent company of Union Pacific Railroad.
Young assumed the additional role of Chairman of the Board of Directors as of February 1, 2007.
- "Stock Quotes & Company News | Reuters.com". reuters.com. Retrieved 19 July 2012.
- Union Pacific Railroad. "UP: Executive Profiles - James R. Young, President and Chief Executive Officer". Retrieved 2007-01-31.
- "Bellevue University Celebrates 2008 Spring Commencement" (Press release). Bellevue University. Retrieved 2008-06-18.
- "Young to replace Davidson at UP helm Jan. 1". Railway Age. November 18, 2005. Retrieved 2005-11-30..
- "Union Pacific Elects President and CEO James R. Young Chairman of the Board" (Press release). Union Pacific Railroad. 2007-01-30. Retrieved 2007-01-31.
|President of Union Pacific Railroad
2004 – present
Richard K. Davidson
|CEO of Union Pacific Corporation
2006 – present
|This biography related to rail transport in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|