James Ramsay, 17th Earl of Dalhousie
The son of the 16th Earl of Dalhousie and Margaret Elizabeth Mary Stirling, Dalhousie inherited his title in 1999 on the death of his father. He is married to Marilyn Davina Butter, by whom he has two daughters and a son. He is Chief of the Clan Ramsay. The Countess is a Patroness of the Royal Caledonian Ball. 
- "James Hubert Ramsay, 17th Earl of Dalhousie". thePeerage.com. 28 September 2010. Retrieved 9 October 2010.
- Pelham, Amanda (17 February 2010). "The Lord speaks". Dal News (Dalhousie University). Retrieved 7 September 2011.
- Peter Beauclerk Dewar (2001). Burke's landed gentry of Great Britain (19th ed.). Burke's Peerage and Gentry LLC. ISBN 0-971196-0-5 Check
|isbn=value (help). Burke's landed gentry of Great Britain (19th ed.) at Google Books
- "The Clan Ramsay". Retrieved 7 September 2011.
- "Patronesses". Royal Caledonian Ball.
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by the Earl of Dalhousie
- Dalhousie Estates
The Duke of Abercorn
|Peerage of Scotland|
|Earl of Dalhousie
|This biography of a Scottish peer or noble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|