|James E. Shaner|
|Member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
from the 52nd district
January 3, 1995 – November 30, 2006
|Preceded by||Rich Kasunic|
|Succeeded by||Deberah Kula|
|Constituency||Parts of Fayette and Westmoreland Counties|
September 21, 1936|
|Died||April 15, 2012
|Residence||Lemont Furnace, Pennsylvania|
|Alma mater||Fairmont State University|
He is a graduate of Uniontown Senior High School. He earned a degree from Fairmont State College and a Master's degree from West Virginia University. He has also attended classes at California University of Pennsylvania
He was first elected to represent the 52nd legislative district in 1994. Shaner underwent heart bypass surgery in October 2005. He announced his retirement in February 2006, citing health concerns. In 2007, it was revealed that Shaner, as a lame duck legislator, attended legislative training trips at the public's expense after his defeat. He died on April 15, 2012 in LaFayette Manor in Uniontown, Pennsylvania.
- "SESSION OF 1995 - 179TH OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY - No. 1". Legislative Journal. Pennsylvania House of Representatives. 1995-01-03.
- Per Article II, Section 2 of the Pennsylvania Constitution, the legislative session ended on November 30, 2006
- "BIOGRAPHY". Official Pennsylvania Democratic Caucus Biography. Pennsylvania House Democratic Caucus. Archived from the original on 2006-10-18.
- "James E. Shaner (Democrat)". Official Pennsylvania House of Representatives Profile. Pennsylvania House of Representatives. Archived from the original on 2006-01-10.
- "Fayette County lawmaker Shaner has surgery". Pittsburgh Post Gazette (PG Publishing Co.). 2005-10-25.
- "State Rep. James Shaner to retire". Pittsburgh Post Gazette (PG Publishing Co.). 2006-02-02.
- Associated Press (2007-03-20). "Lame ducks went on trips paid by state". Pittsburgh Post Gazette (Associated Press).
- "James E. Shaner Obituary".
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives - James E. Shaner (Democrat) at the Wayback Machine (archived March 6, 2000) official PA House profile
- Pennsylvania House Democratic Caucus - Representative James E. Shaner at the Wayback Machine official Party website
|This article about a member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|