|Full name||James William Shea|
|Date of birth||16 June 1991|
|Place of birth||Islington, England|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|2011||→ Southampton (loan)||0||(0)|
|2011||→ Dagenham & Redbridge (loan)||1||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20:01, 19 August 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Shea joined Football League One side Southampton on a month long loan in February 2011 to act as cover for the injured Bartosz Białkowski. However, he was recalled after eight days by Arsenal without making an appearance.
Dagenham & Redbridge (loan)
Shea was sent out on loan for the entire 2011–12 season to Football League Two side Dagenham & Redbridge. He made his debut as a substitute for Chris Lewington in the match against Macclesfield at Moss Lane. Despite getting a yellow card for wasting time, he helped his side to win their first league game of the season by scoreline of 1–0.
Return to Arsenal
He was recalled from his loan by Arsenal on 5 December 2011. On 18 September 2012, he was on the bench because of injures to Wojciech Szczęsny and Łukasz Fabiański for a UEFA Champions League match against Montpellier HSC, and was issued squad number 60. On 30 June 2013, he was released along with 9 other young players at Arsenal.
Non-League - Needham Market and Harrow Borough
After a spell at Isthmian League Premier Division side Harrow Borough in which he played 36 games (32 in the league), Shea joined League Two side AFC Wimbledon on a free transfer on 4 July 2014.
Shea has not yet represented England at any level but he is also eligible to represent the Republic of Ireland. In August 2010, Shea trained with the England squad at Arsenal's London Colney training ground because of an injury to David Stockdale.
- "Search 1837 to 2006 – Birth, Marriage and Death indexes". Findmypast.com. Retrieved 2011-07-29.
- "Southampton sign Arsenal goalkeeper James Shea on loan". BBC News. 18 February 2011. Retrieved 2011-08-06.
- "Daggers sign Arsenal keeper James Shea". 27 June 2011. Retrieved 2011-08-06.
- "Macclesfield 0–1 Dagenham". BBC News. 6 August 2011. Retrieved 2011-08-06.
- Shea returns from Dangenham loan spell | News Archive | News. Arsenal.com (2011-12-05). Retrieved on 2011-12-30.
- Smith, Ben (18 September 2012). "Montpellier 1 – 2 Arsenal". BBC Sport. Retrieved 29 October 2012.
- Smith, Ben (30 May 2013). "Arsenal release 10 young players". Arsenal FC. Retrieved 30 June 2013.
- "Needham Market Star Signs For Harrow Borough". The Non League Football Paper. 29 October 2013. Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- Lawton, Matt (1 September 2010). "England No 1 Joe Hart joined by Arsenal rookie James Shea as goalkeeper crisis deepens". Daily Mail (London).
- James Shea trains with the England squad | News Archive | News. Arsenal.com. Retrieved on 2011-12-30.