|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012)|
||This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (November 2012)|
James Sutton known as Jam Sutton (born in Great Britain) is an English artist, photographer and music video director. Inspired by pop culture, art and music, his work is a collision of colour, culture and surrealism.
James Sutton is from a new generation of creatives that breaks away from the strict boundaries of traditional photography, and creating his own recognisable style spanning various mediums, and using cutting edge techniques through photography and video, from real photography to retouching and post-production techniques. He has gained attention from, and collaborated with, a wide variety of UK and international clients, including will.i.am, Natalia Kills, Steve Aoki, Keri Hilson, Space Cowboy, Master Shortie, Ministry of Sound, The Fratellis, Pharell William's band N*E*R*D and labels Cherrytree Records (Interscope/Universal), Sony Music.
Jam's award-winning work has been published and displayed throughout the world in exhibitions, magazines, album artwork, television broadcasts and blogs (Hypebeast / Kanye West / Flylyf / Grafik Mag). He has also taken part in solo and group photography shows in the UK, Italy and Spain.
This Is Not Clothing
Jam Sutton is the founder and main designer for a line of clothing ranging from surrealism to pop art. The line is a juxtaposition of contemporary culture and fine art, showcasing people and icons in a similar way to the religious iconography of the Italian Renaissance. WUW magazine said: "James has worked on a streetwear clothing line which is already creating a buzz behind the scenes".
- He earned two commendations at the D&AD (Design & Art Direction) Student awards held in London in 2007
- In 2007, he was a finalist in the category of "Live Motion" at the Adobe Design Achievement Awards held in San Francisco.
- Awarded an honorary membership to the International Society of Typographic Designers, following recognition at the ISTD Awards 2007.
- Solo shows
- Coventry - Photo Show - Venice Fashion Photography (May 2007)
- Apo + Theo + Osis - Photo Show - Taller de Marcs - Barcelona, Spain (September 2012)
- Group shows
- Institute of Contemporary Arts (ICA) Film Installation - London (March 2005)
- O Contemporary - Photo Show - Brighton, England (6 October - 12 November 2006)
- 2008: will.i.am - "New Day" (graphical post production) (Interscope)
- 2010: Design of cover and contents of Fault magazine's Syncretism Issue
- 2011: Frankmusik - Do It in the AM - Album cover and artwork Island Records
- 2011: N*E*R*D - Nothing - Album cover, photography and visual art (Star Trak Entertainment, Interscope Records)
- 2007: The Fratellis - "Flathead" (CherryTree Records Interscope Records)
- 2007: Space Cowboy "Running Away" (Tiger Trax)
- 2008: Natalia Cappuccini - "Real Woman" (Interscope)
- 2009: Steve Aoki ft. Zuper Blahq - "I'm In The House" (Dim Mak Ministry of Sound)
- 2009: Master Shortie - "Bringing It Back" (Odd One Out Music)
- 2010: Natalia Kills - "Love, Kills xx" Episodes 1, 2 + 3 (Season 2) (Interscope)
- 2011: Zuper Blahq AKA will.i.am - "Dance" (will.i.am Music Group)
- 2012: Steve Aoki ft. Kid Cudi & Travis Barker - "Cudi The Kid" (Ultra Records)
- 2013: Azealia Banks - "Yung Rapunxel"