February 23, 1987 |
Mineral Wells, Texas, United States
|Other names||The Texecutioner|
|Residence||Temple Hills, Maryland|
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight||154 lb (70 kg; 11.0 st)|
|Reach||76.5 in (194 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Temple Hills, Maryland|
|Team||Team Lloyd Irvin|
|Rank||Blue belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
James William Vick (born February 23, 1987) is an American mixed martial artist currently competing as a lightweight in the Ultimate Fighting Championship. Vick was a cast member of The Ultimate Fighter: Live.
Mixed martial arts career
Vick began his professional career fighting in regional shows in his home state of Texas. His first four fights all came in 2011, where he went undefeated with four straight wins.
The Ultimate Fighter
For the first official fight of the show, he was chosen to fight Team Faber's third pick Daron Cruickshank. After a rough first part of the round, Vick landed a knee on Cruickshank as he shot in for a takedown, and won the fight by knockout in the first round.
His quarter-final fight came against Team Faber's Joe Proctor. Vick was able to dominate the fight, out-striking Proctor on the feet and successfully defending all of Proctor's take down attempts. Vick won the fight by unanimous decision, earning his way into the semi-final round.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Vick was scheduled to face castmate Vinc Pichel on June 1, 2012 at The Ultimate Fighter: Live Finale. However, due to his KO loss in the semifinals, Vick was unable to compete at the event and Pichel was pulled from the card as well.
Vick was expected to face promotional newcomer Valmir Lazaro on August 2, 2014 at UFC 176. However, after UFC 176 was cancelled, Vick/Lazaro was rescheduled and eventually took place on August 23, 2014 at UFC Fight Night 49. He won the back-and-forth fight via unanimous decision.
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|7 matches||7 wins||0 losses|
|Win||7–0||Nick Hein||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Edgar vs. Swanson||November 22, 2014||3||5:00||Austin, Texas, United States|
|Win||6–0||Valmir Lazaro||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Henderson vs. dos Anjos||August 23, 2014||3||5:00||Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States|
|Win||5–0||Ramsey Nijem||Submission (guillotine choke)||UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Sonnen||August 17, 2013||1||0:58||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|Win||4–0||Chris Pecero||Decision (unanimous)||Back Alley Promotions||September 3, 2011||3||5:00||Arlington, Texas, United States|
|Win||3–0||Mike Salazar||TKO (punches)||STFC 16 - All or Nothing||August 12, 2011||1||2:17||McAllen, Texas, United States|
|Win||2–0||Jimmy Taylor||Submission (armbar)||Xtreme Knockout 11||July 23, 2011||1||1:56||Arlington, Texas, United States|
|Win||1–0||Cody Carrillo||Submission (rear naked choke)||Undisputed MMA 1||June 18, 2011||1||3:30||Amarillo, Texas, United States|
Mixed martial arts exhibition record
|Loss||3–1||Michael Chiesa||KO (punches)||The Ultimate Fighter: Live||May 12, 2012 (Live airdate)||2||1:55||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||The Ultimate Fighter: Live Semi-Final round|
|Win||3–0||Joe Proctor||Decision (unanimous)||The Ultimate Fighter: Live||May 11, 2012 (Live airdate)||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||The Ultimate Fighter: Live Quarter-Final round|
|Win||2–0||Daron Cruickshank||KO (knee)||The Ultimate Fighter: Live||March 16, 2012 (Live airdate)||1||2:16||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||The Ultimate Fighter: Live Preliminary round|
|Win||1–0||Dakota Cochrane||Decision (split)||The Ultimate Fighter: Live||March 9, 2012 (Live airdate)||1||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||The Ultimate Fighter: Live Elimination round|
- "James Vick - Official UFC Fighter Profile". UFC.com. Retrieved November 23, 2014.
- "'The Ultimate Fighter 15' cast unveiled with 32 lightweight fighters". MMAJunkie.com. February 27, 2012. Retrieved February 27, 2012.
- "Mixed martial arts results, Season 15 - The Ultimate Fighter". State of Nevada, Department of Business and Industry Athletic Commission. March 9, 2012. Retrieved March 25, 2012.
- "Episode No. 2 recap: 'The Ultimate Fighter: Live'". MMAJunkie.com. March 16, 2012. Retrieved May 14, 2012.
- "Episode No. 10 recap: 'The Ultimate Fighter: Live'". MMAJunkie.com. May 11, 2012. Retrieved May 14, 2012.
- "Episode No. 12 Recap: 'The Ultimate Fighter: Live'". mmajunkie.com. May 25, 2012.
- "Semifinalists Vick, Pichel unavailable for TUF Live Finale, targeted for future UFC cards". mmajunkie.com. May 26, 2012.
- "Ramsey Nijem vs. James Vick joins UFC on FOX Sports 1 1 in Boston". mmajunkie.com. June 5, 2013.
- Staff (June 7, 2014). "Walmir Lazaro vs. James Vick booked for UFC 176 in Los Angeles". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved June 7, 2014.
- Staff (2014-07-09). "Beniel Dariush-Tony Martin, Walmir Lazaro-James Vick rebooked for UFC Fight Night 49 in Tulsa". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-07-09.
- Thomas Gerbasi (2014-09-05). "Prospects Vick and Hein collide in Austin". uk.UFC.com. Retrieved 2014-09-05.
- Steven Marrocco (2014-11-22). "UFC Fight Night 57 results: James Vick outworks Nick Hein for unanimous decision". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-11-22.