James Wright (historian)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|James Edward Wright|
|16th President of Dartmouth College|
|Term||August 1, 1998 – July 1, 2009|
|Predecessor||James Oliver Freedman|
|Successor||Jim Yong Kim|
August 16, 1939 |
|Alma mater||Wisconsin State University
University of Wisconsin-Madison
|Residence||Hanover, New Hampshire|
James Edward Wright (born August 16, 1939) is a historian who serves on the faculty of Dartmouth College, an Ivy League university in Hanover, New Hampshire, from 1969 to present, and was that institution's president from 1998 to 2009.
- The Galena Lead District: Federal Policy and Practices, 1824–1847 (1966);
- The West of the American People (1970);
- The Politics of Populism: Dissent in Colorado (1974);
- The Great Plains Experience: Readings in the History of a Region (1978); and
- The Progressive Yankees: Republican Reformers in New Hampshire (1987).
- "''''Those Who Have Borne the Battle: A HIstory of America's Wars and Those Who Fought Them (2012).