James Wright (historian)
|James Edward Wright|
|16th President of Dartmouth College|
|Term||August 1, 1998 – July 1, 2009|
|Predecessor||James Oliver Freedman|
|Successor||Jim Yong Kim|
August 16, 1939 |
|Alma mater||Wisconsin State University
University of Wisconsin-Madison
|Residence||Hanover, New Hampshire|
James Edward Wright (born August 16, 1939) is a historian who serves on the faculty of Dartmouth College, an Ivy League university in Hanover, New Hampshire, from 1969 to present, and was that institution's president from 1998 to 2009. He has 2 grandchildren attending Dartmouth.
- The Galena Lead District: Federal Policy and Practices, 1824–1847 (1966);
- The West of the American People (1970);
- The Politics of Populism: Dissent in Colorado (1974);
- The Great Plains Experience: Readings in the History of a Region (1978); and
- The Progressive Yankees: Republican Reformers in New Hampshire (1987).
- "''''Those Who Have Borne the Battle: A HIstory of America's Wars and Those Who Fought Them (2012).