James Wyndham John Hughes-Hallett
He began his career as an articled clerk with Dixon Wilson Tubbs & Gillett (1970–73). He has worked with the Swire Group (since 1976) in the following positions.
- Chairman, Swire Pacific Ltd (1999-2005)
- Chairman, John Swire & Sons (Hong Kong) Ltd (1999-2005)
- Chairman, John Swire & Sons Ltd (2005–present)
He has also been Chairman, Cathay Pacific Ltd (1999-2005) and Director, HSBC Holdings Ltd since 2005.
- Trustee, Dulwich Picture Gallery (2005–present)
- Esme Fairbairn Foundation (2005–present)
- Governor, SOAS (2005-2010)
- Governor, Courtauld Institute of Art (2008–present)