|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2011)|
Dane Schmidt playing live August 3, 2008, MN
|Origin||Duluth, Minnesota, United States|
|Associated acts||Stephen Jerzak, Sing it loud|
|Past members||Pat Tarnowski
Jamestown Story is an American Acoustic Alternative band from Minneapolis, Minnesota. The band was formed in 2003 as And Then I Turned Seven and changed their name on the first of January 2007. The band has toured 35 states in the US since 2005, and on August 6, 2010 Dane and Brandyn traveled to Yuigahama Beach, Japan to play 2 shows in 5 days. In 2012 Dane moved to Nashville, TN to and began working on the next album, "Show Me Tomorrow," which was released on 12/12/12.
And Then I Turned Seven formed in 2003 and started booking shows in high school auditoriums, community centers and all-ages clubs across the country. Former violinist Kieren Smith, a junior at Duluth Central High School, talked his folks into homeschooling in 2006 to accommodate the band's intense tour schedule. Although their October release, "The Jamestown Story," features topics geared toward their peers – suicide, first loves, etc. – lead singer Dane Schmidt said about a quarter of their discs are sold to people his parents' age. The band only consisted of Dane Schmidt by 2008 until Brandyn Anderson joined in 2009. Jamestown Story's most well-known songs include "I Miss You" and "Goodbye (I'm Sorry)".
Dane Schmidt played drums for the pop rock band Sing it Loud.
Their song "Ashamed" was featured on an episode of Jersey Shore that originally aired on September 1, 2011.
JS released a new song "Scarred" on YouTube on November 16, 2012. Their new album "Show Me Tomorrow" was released on December 12, 2012.
- Pat Tarnowski - electric guitar, vocals (2005–2007)
- Kieren Smith - violin (2005–2007)
- Chris Lee - drums (2005–2007)
- Chad Snell - bass guitar (2006–2007)
- Trevor MacKenzie - bass guitar (2005–2006)
- Jordan Schmidt - bass guitar, electric guitar, back up vocals (2003–2005)
- Brandyn Anderson - Piano (2009–2012)
- Broken Summer - (2003)
- A New Start EP - (2004)
- The Jamestown Story EP - (2005)
- One Last Breath - (2007)
- The Prologue EP - (2008)
- Love vs. Life - (2008)
- Split EP w/ Stephen Jerzak - (2009)
- Never Enough EP - (2009)
- A Collection of Covers - (2010)
- Find a Way - (2011)
- A Walk Through Time - (2011)
- The Nashville Sessions - (2012)
- A Jamestown Story Christmas - (2012)
- Show Me Tomorrow - (2012)
- Jamestown Story & Friends - (2013)