||This article's lead section may not adequately summarize key points of its contents. (October 2012)|
|Full name||James Stewart Adams|
|Date of birth||26 August 1987|
|Place of birth||Stranraer, Scotland|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|2007||Queen of the South (loan)||11||(2)|
|2007||Queen of the South (loan)||1||(0)|
|2008–2009||Queen of the South (loan)||3||(0)|
|2009–2010||Partick Thistle (loan)||7||(2)|
|2010||Queen of the South (loan)||7||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16 April 2012.
† Appearances (Goals).
Adams was a product of Kilmarnock's youth system, signing for the club in the summer of 2004.
He was loaned to Queen of the South as part of a deal in which Kilmarnock signed Queen's Willie Gibson in January 2007. While with Queen of the South he was involved in a controversial event, which later resulted in the Dumfries club being fined by the Scottish Football Association. Adams was played by manager Ian McCall in two Scottish Cup ties for Queens when "cup-tied" (ineligible), having already been listed as a substitute for Kilmarnock in their 3rd round defeat by Morton. The resultant SFA fine was reported to be £20,000.
Adams subsequently joined Queens for a second loan spell in the first half of the 2007–08 season and a third spell in July 2008. Adams suffered two cruciate ligament knee injuries during those loan spells at Queen of the South. He endured lengthy spells on the sidelines on both occasions but obtained excellent rehabilitation treatment to get back to full fitness.
He returned to Kilmarnock at the end of the January 2010 transfer window and appeared as a second half substitute on 20 February 2010 versus St Mirren in a Scottish Premier League match at Rugby Park in a 1–1 draw. He subsequently joined Queens on loan for a fourth spell in March 2010 until the end of the 2009–10 season.
- "Jamie Adams". www.fitbastats.com. Retrieved 11 October 2012.
- "Sons of Scotland" Queen of the South FC, 14 September 2010
- "Queens hit with Scottish Cup fine". BBC Sport. 22 May 2007. Retrieved 16 September 2008.
- "Fit Adams returns to Palmerston". BBC Sport. 11 July 2008. Retrieved 16 September 2008.
- Killie ace Jamie Adams checks in at Partick Thistle for two months Daily Record, 3 November 2009
- Kilmarnock 1 St Mirren 1 Kilmarnock FC, 20 February 2010
- Players out on loan Kilmarnock FC, 2 April 2010
- DEL'S PLANS RECEIVE DOUBLE BOOST St Johnstone FC, 13 May 2010
- Saints swoop for Jamie Adams as Falkirk axe six more players The Scotsman, 14 May 2010