26 May 1971 |
|Position||Wing, Centre, Fullback|
|Position||Wing, Centre, Second-row|
Jamie Bloem (born 26 May 1971) is a rugby league referee and former dual-code rugby player who played international rugby league for South Africa and Scotland. As of 2012, he runs a landscape gardening business in Halifax, West Yorkshire.
Bloem played his club football for the Cape Town Coasters in South Africa as well as Castleford, Halifax and Huddersfield in the European Super League. He also played for Doncaster when they were in the top flight of rugby league in England. His position of choice was at Fullback, however he also played on the Wing or in the Second-row.
Bloem played for Widnes 1997 - 1998, scoring 23 tries in 38 appearances.
Bloem also played in France and has toured extensively as a player.
Bloem also appeared on numerous occasions for the South Africa national rugby league team, including captaining them during the 2000 World Cup. He has played twice for the Scotland national rugby league team, through his mothers nationality.
Bloem also had spells with rugby union sides; Thornensians, Halifax and Old Brodleians, whom he took to their first promotion in 75 years. He moved to Old Rishworthians as player/coach for the 2007-08 season. Bloem was top point scorer for Rishworthians in 2007-08, breaking the club record with 375 points in the season.
Bloem is also a BBC radio rugby league sports summariser.
Jamie moved on to be player coach at Stainland Stags ARLFC in Halifax who play in the Pennine League 2010-11 season.
For the 2013-14 season Jamie switches codes and has been announced as player coach at Halifax Vandals RUFC.
- Hardcastle, Andrew (2012). In Full Bloem: Jamie Bloem - Rugby Footballer. London League Publications. ISBN 978-1903659656.
- "Jamie Bloem - Career Stats & Summary". Rugby League Project. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- "Bloem Close To Crossing Divide". sportinglife.com. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- Drugs in sport By David R. Mottram page 204 ISBN 0-419-18890-8
- Bloem looks forward to officiating Nordic Cup rleague.com, 28 October 2010