Jamie Davis (musician)
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (October 2011)|
|Birth name||James Lee Davis III|
September 3, 1983 |
Tupelo, Mississippi, United States
|Origin||Rienzi, Mississippi, United States|
|Genres||Country, soul, Southern rock, blues rock, folk rock, pop|
|Instruments||Vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar|
|Associated acts||Come On Go With Us, Alison Parson, Big Joe Shelton, Paul Thorn, Wavorly, Dierks Bentley, Hank Williams Jr., Crossin Dixon, Hobo Hippie, Flathead Ford, Kay Bain and the Saturday Mornin' Band, Alan Sibley and the Magnolia Ramblers, Juke Joint Gypsies, Eric Church, Colt Ford, OneRepublic, Night Ranger, Saving Abel|
Jamie Davis (born September 3, 1983) is an American country/soul/Southern rock musician. He is best known as lead singer, guitarist, and principal songwriter of Jamie Davis & Soul Gravy, the band notable for its 2006 single "Mississippi Moonshine".
He was born as James Lee Davis III in Tupelo, Mississippi and grew up in Booneville. He is the son of Angela Cook Hughes and James "Jim" Davis, Jr., and the older brother of Jay Murray, Jessi, Kaylee, Konner and Garrison. Jamie attended Northeast Community College and Mississippi State University, where he graduated with a Bachelors Degree in Business. Davis is a Republican, although he supported then-Congressman Travis Childers in 2008. He was married in November 2013, and has a child.
Jamie Davis & Soul Gravy
Davis and Dan Isbell, former member of Christian rock group Wavorly, founded Jamie Davis & Soul Gravy while attending Mississippi State University. The rotating band lineup solidified in 2005 with the addition of highly acclaimed Starkville, MS area musicians John Staggers (drums), Mitch Shurden (bass), and Jerry Carnathan (lead guitar). The band's current members are:
- Jamie Davis, lead vocals, guitar
- Dan Isbell, vocals, guitar, mandolin
- Jerry Carnathan, vocals, lead guitar
- Lee Graham, bass
- John Staggers, drums
Occasionally performing with the band:
- David Duncan, organ/keyboards
- Mark Goldbeck, organ/keyboards
- Jerry Rains, organ/keyboards
- Dustin Childers, current manager/booking agent, lead guitar until 2005
- Josh Mallard, drums until 2005
- Mitch Shurden, bass 2005-2009
- Jason Herndon, bass until 2005
- "Jamie Davis & Soul Gravy". Primesourceentertainment.com. Retrieved 2014-07-11.
- "The Band". Jamie Davis & Soul Gravy - The Band. The Official Website of Jamie Davis & Soul Gravy. Retrieved 23 June 2011.
- "Scene Now". Scene Now. NEMS360.com. Retrieved 23 June 2011.
- Nalley, Steven. "Jamie Davis and Soul Gravy Return to Starkville". Jamie Davis and Soul Gravy Return to Starkville. Starkville Daily News. Retrieved 23 June 2011.
- "The Blue Album by Jamie Davis & Soul Gravy". The Blue Album. iTunes. Retrieved 23 June 2011.