February 5, 1989 |
El Paso, Texas, US
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight||195 lb (88 kg)|
|NASCAR Xfinity Series career|
|55 races run over 4 years|
|Car no., team||No. 55 (VIVA Motorsports)|
|Best finish||24th (2011)|
|First race||2011 Feed the Children 300 (Kentucky)|
|Last race||2014 DAV 200 (Phoenix)|
|NASCAR Camping World Truck Series career|
|14 races run over 4 years|
|Best finish||44th (2011)|
|First race||2009 Lucas Oil 200 (Iowa)|
|Last race||2013 SFP 250 (Kansas)|
|Statistics current as of November 8, 2014.|
Jamie Dick (born February 5, 1989 in El Paso, Texas) is an American stock car racing driver. A veteran of the NASCAR Camping World West Series, he currently competes in the NASCAR Nationwide Series on a full-time basis, driving the No. 55 Chevrolet for VIVA Motorsports.
Born in El Paso, Texas in 1989, Dick moved to Albuquerque, New Mexico at an early age. He is the son of racer Jimmy Dick, and is a graduate of the University of Denver. Jamie is currently the youngest driver in any NASCAR Touring series to hold a MBA.
Dick began his racing career at the age of nine, competing in kart racing events, before soon moving up to Legends car racing, and then late model competition, including competing in the SRL Southwest Tour. In 2007, at the age of 18, he moved up to the NASCAR West Series - renamed Camping World West Series the following year - scoring eight top 10 and one top 5 finishes over the next two years of competition.
In 2009, Dick made his debut in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series at Iowa Speedway; he ran a limited schedule in the series over the next two years, scoring a best finish of 16th at Iowa Speedway in 2010.
In 2011, Dick moved up to the NASCAR Nationwide Series, making his first start in the series at Kentucky Speedway in the family-owned and family-sponsored No. 02 Chevrolet. He finished 30th in his inaugural event. He made two more starts in the series in 2011, with the race at Kentucky being his best finish of the year.
For 2012, Dick is competing in 14 Nationwide Series, driving the No. 23 Chevrolet in a collaborative effort between the family team, Viva Motorsports, Corrie Stott Racing and R3 Motorsports, with sponsorship from Viva Auto Group, a chain of auto dealerships owned by his father in the El Paso, Texas area. In June, Dick scored a career best 21st place finish at Dover International Speedway, then finished 19th at Kentucky Speedway in September and 18th at Phoenix International Raceway in November.
In February 2013, Dick announced that he would be running the full 2013 NASCAR Nationwide Series season with his family team, VIVA Motorsports, however he was forced to cut back on his schedule due to a lack of sponsorship.
Motorsports career results
(key) (Bold - Pole position awarded by time. Italics - Pole position earned by points standings. * – Most laps led.)
Camping World Truck Series
|NASCAR Camping World Truck Series results|
|2009||SS-Green Light Racing||08||Chevy||DAY||CAL||ATL||MAR||KAN||CLT||DOV||TEX||MCH||MLW||MEM||KEN||IRP||NSH||BRI||CHI||IOW
|SS-Green Light Racing||07||Chevy||DAR
|2013||SS-Green Light Racing||07||Chevy||DAY||MAR||CAR||KAN
* Season in progress
1 Ineligible for series points
- Rich, Aaron (July 8, 2011). "El Pasoen Making Nationwide Debut tonight in Kentucky". KTSM-TV. El Paso, TX. Retrieved 2012-06-01.
- "Ascend: The Campaign for the University of Denver - Jamie Dick". University of Denver. 2010. Retrieved 2012-06-01.
- "About Jamie". Jamie Dick official site. 2011. Retrieved 2012-06-01.
- "Jamie Dick To Pull Double Duty At Iowa Speedway In Camping World Truck And West Series". RacingWest. August 31, 2009. Retrieved 2012-06-01.
- "Jamie Dick Race Results". ESPN. 2012. Retrieved 2012-06-01.
- Albers, Fred (July 8, 2011). "Jamie Dick Races In Viva Auto Group Chevy Impala". KTSM-TV. Retrieved 2012-06-01.
- "Jamie Dick's NASCAR Nationwide Series Races". Racing-Reference. USA Today Sports Media Group. 2012. Retrieved 2012-06-01.
- Bagley, Beau (May 11, 2012). "Jamie Dick Improving in Nationwide Series". KTSM-TV. Retrieved 2012-06-01.
- "Keokuk native brings Nationwide team to Newton". The Hawk Eye. Burlington, Iowa. May 19, 2012. Retrieved 2012-06-01.
- "VIVA Motorsports plans full NNS season". Rotoworld. NBC Sports. February 18, 2013. Retrieved 2013-03-03.