||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2011)|
|Born||1947 (age 67–68)
Bergen County, New Jersey, U.S.
Jamie Donnelly (born 1947) is an American actress.
Five years before playing Jan in the Grease movie, she played Jan in the play on Broadway. Later, she was in the United States premiere of The Rocky Horror Show starring as Magenta and the Usherette. She appeared on stage at the Roxy theatre in Los Angeles with Tim Curry and Meat Loaf in 1974, when the show opened. She is featured on the original Roxy cast recording in her role, singing the opening song Science Fiction/Double Feature. She went with most of the Roxy cast to reprise her roles on Broadway in 1975. Several years later she was called to read for Grease.
Also, during her stage career, she appeared in a musical version of "Tarzan" in which Barry Bostwick was originally cast as "Tarzan". Before the opening, Barry Bostwick was let go and Jamie, as "Jane" starred with the composer/writer as "Tarzan".
Donnelly in 2008 began making appearances at "Rocky Horror" and "Grease" conventions.
- 2014: Ray Donovan .... Peggy Shaugnessy (3 episodes)
- 2010: Untitled Beatle Boyin Project .... Nosey Lady
- 2009: Pet Peeves .... Dot
- 2010: Cyrus .... Pastor
- 2009: Monk .... Judge Santa Croce (1 episode, 2009)
- 2008: The Naked Brothers Band .... Mrs. Claus (1 episode, 2008)
- 2006: The Legend of Lucy Keyes .... Gretchen Caswell
- 2002: Family Affair .... Mrs. McWhirter (4 episodes, 2002)
- 1998: Can't Hardly Wait .... Teacher
- 1998: Slappy and the Stinkers .... Aquarium Information Woman
- 1978: Grease .... Jan
- 1976: Barnaby Jones .... Monica Gideon (1 episode, 1976)
- 1975: The Dream Makers (TV) .... Sally
- 1974: Police Woman .... Monica (1 episode, 1974)
- 1974: The Six Million Dollar Man .... Linda (1 episode, 1974)
- Gliatto, Tom; and O'Neill Anne-Marie. "Grease Is the Word: Twenty Years Later, the Stars Are Still True to Their School", People (magazine), April 13, 1998. Accessed September 13, 2011. "'I always felt Jan was the person most like the audience,' says Jamie Donnelly, 50, who dyed her prematurely gray hair to play the pigtailed Pink Lady. 'She wasn't as cool as the other ones.' The Teaneck, N.J., native now lives in La Canada, Calif., with her husband, screenwriter Stephen Foreman, son Sevi, 10, and daughter Madden Rose, 8."
- Flinn, Denny Martin (2006-02-01). Little musicals for little theatres: a reference guide to the musicals that don't need chandeliers or helicopters to succeed. Hal Leonard Corporation. pp. 124–. ISBN 978-0-87910-321-7. Retrieved 3 July 2011.