Dornan in September 2011
|Born||1 May 1982|
|Occupation||Actor, model, musician|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Spouse(s)||Amelia Warner (m. 2013)|
James "Jamie" Dornan (born 1 May 1982) is a Northern Irish actor, model and musician. He is known for playing Axel von Fersen in Sofia Coppola's film Marie Antoinette, Sheriff Graham Humbert in the ABC series Once Upon a Time and serial killer Paul Spector in the BBC Two crime drama series The Fall. He is set to portray the titular character of Christian Grey in the feature film adaptation of the best-selling novel Fifty Shades of Grey.
Jamie Dornan, who grew up in the suburbs of Belfast, Northern Ireland, and has two older sisters, is the son of an obstetrician father who had also considered becoming an actor, Professor Jim Dornan. Jamie Dornan is a first cousin, twice removed, of actress Greer Garson. His grandparents on both sides of his family were Methodist lay preachers. Dornan was 16 when his mother died.
He attended and boarded at Methodist College in Belfast, where he played rugby and participated in the drama department. He attended the Teesside University, but dropped out and moved to London to train as an actor.
In 2006, Dornan appeared in the Sofia Coppola film Marie Antoinette. He has modelled for Calvin Klein (with both Kate Moss and Eva Mendes), Dior, Aquascutum and Armani, among many other brands. Dornan appeared in the drama film Shadows in the Sun in 2009, which starred three-time Academy Award nominee Jean Simmons. In 2008, he played the lead role of Ed in the Hammer Horror production Beyond the Rave.
In 2011, Dornan appeared in eight episodes of the ABC television series Once Upon A Time, playing the role of Sheriff Graham. While Graham from Storybrooke was killed by the town's mayor Regina (The Evil Queen) in the episode "The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter", Dornan stated that he would return as the Huntsman from the Enchanted Forest at some point and he remained a regular on the series. He returned as The Huntsman for the season finale episode, "A Land Without Magic".
Dornan starred alongside Gillian Anderson in the Northern Irish drama series The Fall, playing Paul Spector, a serial killer terrorising Belfast. In May 2013, show was renewed for a second series halfway through the broadcast of series one.
On 23 October 2013, Dornan was cast as Christian Grey in the upcoming film adaptation of Fifty Shades of Grey, replacing Charlie Hunnam. Initially announced to be release on August 1, 2014, the film was later rescheduled to February 13, 2015.
Dornan had a relationship with actress Keira Knightley from 2003 to 2005. He married English actress and singer-songwriter Amelia Warner in a country house in Somerset on 27 April 2013. In June 2013, the couple confirmed they are expecting their first child.
|2006||Marie Antoinette||Axel von Fersen|
|2008||Beyond the Rave||Ed|
|2009||Nice to Meet You||The Young Man||Short film|
|2009||Shadows in the Sun||Joe|
|2010||"The Black Widow"||Short Film|
|2009||X Returns||X||Short film|
|2014||Flying Home||Colin|
|2015||Fifty Shades of Grey||Christian Grey||Filming|
|2011–2013||Once Upon a Time||The Huntsman/Sheriff Graham Humbert||Main cast (season 1); guest star (season 2); 9 episodes|
|2013–present||Fall, TheThe Fall||Paul Spector||Main cast|
|2006||"My Burning Sun"|
- "Jamie Dornan". Select Model Management. Retrieved 24 October 2013.
- Randall, Lee (11 May 2013). "Jamie Dornan on playing a psychopathic killer in The Fall". The Scotsman.
- Eyre, Hermione (04 September 2009). "The male Kate Moss: Jamie Dornan". London Evening Standard.
- Mallie, Eamonn (14 November 2011). "Professor Jim Dornan on: life, love, loss, love again and his zest for saving life in the womb". EamonnMallie.com.
- Watts, Halina (2 June 2013). "Jamie Dornan: The serial strangler who says "sorry"". Daily Mirror. Trinity Mirror. Retrieved 1 October 2013.
- "Jamie Dornan: Work by client". Models.com. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- Bio on ABC
- Munn, Patrick (26 March 2012). "Jamie Dornan signs up for lead role alongside Gillian Anderson in BBC Two's The Fall". TVWise. Retrieved 26 March 2012.
- Valby, Karen (23 October 2013). "'50 Shades of Grey': Jamie Dornan cast as new Christian Grey". Entertainment Weekly. Time Inc. Retrieved 23 October 2013.
- "'Fifty Shades' Movie Release Date Announced… But Who's the Cast?". Extra. Retrieved June 29, 2013.
- "'Fifty Shades of Grey' release moved to Valentine's Day 2015 -- EXCLUSIVE". Entertainment Weekly. Time Inc. Retrieved November 13, 2013.
- Wilson, Benji (22 August 2009). "In a taxi with...model Jamie Dornan". Daily Mail. Retrieved 12 June 2012. "Jamie Dornan, 27..."
- Bell, Stephanie (24 June 2013). "Jamie Dornan, from The Fall psycho to expectant father". Sunday Life. Independent News & Media. Retrieved 1 October 2013.
- Webb, Claire (13 May 2013). "The Fall: Jamie Dornan on the perils of playing a serial killer". Radio Times. Immediate Media Company. Retrieved 24 October 2013.
- Heigl, Alex (December 1, 2013). "'Fifty Shades of Grey' Starts Filming". People. Retrieved 2013-12-02.