Jamie Jackson (footballer)
Jackson playing for York City on trial in 2009
|Full name||Jamie Noel Emmanuel Donnelly-Jackson|
|Date of birth||1 November 1986|
|Place of birth||Sheffield, England|
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|Current club||Bradford Park Avenue|
|2007–2008||→ Matlock Town (loan)||?||(?)|
|2008||→ Gainsborough Trinity (loan)||4||(0)|
|2012–||Bradford Park Avenue||13||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18:54, 23 September 2012 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, Jackson started his career with Chesterfield after signing a three-year scholarship in 2003, before signing a two-year professional contract in April 2006. He made his first team debut after coming on as a 71st minute substitute in a 3–1 defeat to Port Vale on 29 April. He had loans with Matlock Town and Gainsborough Trinity, where he made four appearances during the 2007–08 season.
He joined Matlock permanently in August 2008. He had a trial with Conference National team York City in July 2009 and played in the first-half of a 3–3 draw with Leeds United in a pre-season friendly. He went on to score York's second goal in a 2–0 victory over Hartlepool United. He was told to leave Matlock by manager Mark Atkins in October, who criticised Jackson's attitude and conduct after having a trial with York while still being contracted by Matlock. He later had his contract cancelled by the club.
In February 2010 he signed for Worksop Town, initially until the end of the season this was extended and he is still currently with the club. Jamie also helped the club win their first trophy in 9 years scoring 2 goals at Hillsborough in the Sheffield Senior Cup final, as Worksop came twice from behind to beat rivals Frickley 3–2 in May 2012.
Bradford Park Avenue
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2008). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2008–09. Mainstream Publishing. p. 223. ISBN 978-1-84596-324-8.
- "List of Players under Written Contract Registered Between 01/11/2009 and 30/11/2009" (PDF). The Football Association. Retrieved 11 January 2010.
- "Blues add teen spirit". Derbyshire Times. 13 April 2006. Retrieved 18 August 2009.
- "Port Vale 3–1 Chesterfield". BBC Sport. 29 April 2006. Retrieved 16 October 2009.
- "Player Details: Season 2007–2008". SoccerFactsUK. Retrieved 16 October 2009.
- "Jackson returns to Gladiators". Non-League Daily. 8 August 2008. Retrieved 16 October 2009.
- Flett, Dave (13 July 2009). "York City boss Martin Foyle switches focus to new striker after missing out on Damian Spencer". The Press (York). Retrieved 13 July 2009.
- Kelly, Tony (25 July 2009). "York City are on track after pre-season victory over Hartlepool United at Bootham Crescent". The Press (York). Retrieved 25 July 2009.
- "Matlock Town News". Northern Premier League. 14 October 2009. Retrieved 16 October 2009.
- "Matlock Town: Jackson's stormy exit leaves Atkins with selection crisis". Derby Telegraph. 16 October 2009. Retrieved 11 January 2010.
- "Avenue Bring in Three". Non-League Daily. 15 June 2012. Retrieved 15 June 2012.
- "Two Jamies Get Their Chance". Chesterfield F.C. Retrieved 18 August 2009.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jamie Jackson (footballer).|