McKelvie at the New York Comic Con in Manhattan, 10 October 2010.
|Area(s)||Cartoonist, Writer, Penciller, Inker, Letterer|
|Long Hot Summer
Since 2003, McKelvie has collaborated with journalist Kieron Gillen on a comic strip for the official PlayStation Magazine UK, entitled Save Point. He has worked on a number of projects for Image Comics, including Phonogram. His next major work was with colorist Guy Major and Matthew Wilson on his creator-owned series Suburban Glamour.
He has done various work for Marvel Comics, including a run on Defenders with Matt Fraction, and the X-Men: Season One graphic novel with Dennis Hopeless. In 2012 he redesigned the costume of long-time character Carol Danvers, for a relaunch of the character as the new Captain Marvel. He has collaborated with Gillen on a relaunch of Young Avengers for Marvel. Currently he and Gillen are working on a third volume of Phonogram, and on a new series called The Wicked + The Divine.
- "Loss" (with writer Amber Benson, in Four Letter Worlds, 144 pages, Image Comics, April 2005, ISBN 1-58240-439-9)
- Long Hot Summer (with Eric Stephenson, graphic novel, 96 pages, Image Comics, September 2005, ISBN 1-58240-559-X)
- Phonogram (with Kieron Gillen, 2 volume limited series, Image Comics, 2006, 2009): collected as:
- Suburban Glamour (script and art, 4-issue mini-series, Image Comics, October 2007. tpb, 104 pages, Image, April 2008, ISBN 1-58240-878-5)
- "Migas" (with writer Matt Fraction, Nightcrawler story in X-Men: Divided We Stand No. 1, comics anthology, Marvel Comics, June 2008)
- Cable (with writer Duane Swierczynski, issues 11 and 12, Marvel Comics, 2009): collected within:
- X-Force/Cable: Messiah War (collects X-Men: The Times and Life of Lucas Bishop #1-3, Cable #11-15, X-Force #14-16, X-Force/Cable: Messiah War One-Shot and X-Men: Future History - The Messiah War Sourcebook, tpb, 336 pages, ISBN 0785131736)
- SIEGE Loki (with writer Kieron Gillen, one shot (April 2010), Marvel Comics): collected within:
- Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man (with writer Brian Michael Bendis, Co-Artist Issue 150, Marvel Comics)
- Invincible Iron Man (with writer Matt Fraction, back up stories in issues 32 and 33, Marvel Comics)
- Generation Hope (with writer Kieron Gillen, issues 5 and 9, Marvel Comics): collected within:
- Secret Avengers (with writer Warren Ellis, issue 16, Marvel Comics, August 2011): collected within
- Run The Mission, Don't Get Seen, Save The World (collects #16-21, tpb, 144 pages, ISBN 0-78515-255-5)
- X-Men Season One (with writer Dennis Hopeless, graphic novel, 136 pages, Marvel Comics, March 2012, ISBN 0-78515-645-3)
- Defenders (with writer Matt Fraction, issues 8–11): collected within
- Volume 2 (collects #7-12, tpb, 136 pages, ISBN 0-78515-853-7)
- Marvel Now Point One (part, with Kieron Gillen, Marvel Comics, 2012)
- Young Avengers (with Kieron Gillen, Marvel Comics, 2013-4): collected as:
- The Wicked + The Divine (with Kieron Gillen, Image Comics, 2014–): collected as:
- The Faust Act (collects #1-5, tpb, 180 pages, ISBN 1-63215-019-6)
- Hack/Slash No. 11 (alternative cover)
- Captain Marvel No. 7, 9
- Ms. Marvel No. 1 (alternative cover), No. 2-9
- Nightcrawler (2014–) No. 2, 3, 4, 5, 7
- [Revolutionary War: Omega] (2014), No. 1
- The Fuse No. 3 (alternative cover)
- Kudos 2, Positech Games
- Ching, Albert (22 March 2012). "Jamie McKelvie Details his Captain Marvel Redesign". Newsarama.
- Richards, Dave (9 October 2012). "EXCLUSIVE: Gillen & McKelvie Assemble New Volume of "Young Avengers"". Comic Book Resources.
- Gillen, Kieron (27 September 2012). "Oh, Our Meeting Lit a Fuse in My Heart, Devoured Me". Phonogram.
- Wheeler, Andrew (9 January 2014). " Exclusive: Gillen & McKelvie Announce 'The Wicked + the Divine' For Image". Comics Alliance.
- Khouri, Andy (4 March 2011). " Jamie McKelvie’s Art Brut Album Cover with Exclusive Kieron Gillen Commentary". Comics Alliance.
- " Art Brut's 'Brilliant! Tragic!' album cover art by Jamie McKelvie". Marvel.com. Retrieved 9 September 2013.
- Reed, Patrick A. (1 September 2011). "Pop Music Comics: Brilliant! Tragic! (inspired by the songs Of Art Brut)". Depth of Field Magazine.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jamie McKelvie.|
- Official website
- Jamie McKelvie's Workblog
- Jamie McKelvie at the Comic Book DB
- Jamie McKelvie on Tumblr
- Jamie McKelvie on Myspace
- McKelvie, Jamie (31 March 2009). "Digital Creator Spotlight – Jamie McKelvie". Marvel.com.
- Moondaughter, Wolfen (February 2005). "Let Me Introduce You: Jamie McKelvie". Sequential Tart.
- Rappaport, Adrienne (September 2005). "Jamie McKelvie". Sequential Tart.
- Khouri, Andy (11 July 2007). "'A Life Less Ordinary: McKelvie's 'Suburban Glamour'". Comic Book Resources.
- Storm, Marc (11 February 2009). "Cable: Independent Spirit". Marvel.com.