Jamie Smart is a British comic artist and writer, most famous for his ten-issue comic series, Bear. He has also had his comic My Own Genie published in the popular children's magazine The Dandy.
His current project is a four-issue mini-series called Ubu Bubu, a spin-off of his oneshot comic, Bohda Te.
He was instrumental in the design of the October 2010 revamp of The Dandy, even designing the new logos. For the revamp, Smart drew Desperate Dan, Pre-Skool Prime Minister, Arena of Awesome, My Dad's a Doofus (as well as many others) with reprints of My Own Genie and Space Raoul later being used. His blue blobs have been part of The Dandy cover since October 2010 and still appear in The Digital Dandy regularly.
For the final print edition of The Dandy on its 75th anniversary, Jamie Smart drew the special cover as well as drawing My Own Genie, My Dad's a Doofus, Pre-Skool Prime Minister and My Teacher's a Walrus in the Top 75 Countdown. A reprint from The Arena of Awesome was also used.
Jamie Smart is currently drawing Bunny VS. Monkey for The Phoenix. Jamie recently drew The Numskulls and Kingo Bango for the relaunched Digital Dandy until its demise. Smart also appeared regularly in The Beano drawing puzzle pages and has since gone on to take over drawing Roger the Dodger from Barrie Appleby, which as of April 2014, he no longer draws. He also draws a new strip called El Poco Loco.
List of published comics
- Space Raoul ~ Funday Times/The Dandy
- Bear ~ Slave Labour Graphics
- My Own Genie ~ The Dandy
- Bohda Te ~ Slave Labour Graphics
- Ubu Bubu ~ Slave Labour Graphics
- Desperate Dan ~ The Dandy
- The DFC Olympics ~ The DFC
- Fish-Head Steve ~ The DFC
- Count Von Poo ~ Toxic magazine
- Pre-Skool Prime Minister ~ The Dandy
- The Arena of Awesome ~ The Dandy
- Thingummyblob ~ The Dandy
- Bunny VS. Monkey ~ The Phoenix
- Mega-Lo-Maniacs ~ The Dandy
- My Dad's A Doofus ~ The Dandy
- My Teacher's a Walrus ~ The Dandy
- The Numskulls ~ The Digital Dandy
- Kingo Bango ~ The Digital Dandy
- Roger the Dodger ~ The Beano
- El Poco Loco ~ The Beano
- "INTERVIEW: The Dandy artist and writer Jamie Smart". Creative Bloq. Retrieved 14 September 2012.
- Jamie Smart Interview
- Smart, Jamie (14 August 2012). "Why The Dandy still matters". The Guardian. Retrieved 14 September 2012.
- Kardwell, Mark. "The Dandy debate continues: a time of opportunity?". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved 14 September 2012.
|This profile of a British comics creator, writer, or artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|