Jamil bin Osman
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012)|
|This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (March 2012)|
|Haji Jamil bin Haji Osman|
|Born||Jamil bin Osman
March 5, 1950
Kepala Batas, Kedah
|Alma mater||University of Nottingham|
|Known for||Rector of Insaniah|
|Spouse(s)||Datin Zuraidah Binti Ahmad Murad|
Dato' Wira Haji Jamil bin Haji Osman is a prominent scholar, professor of Islamic economics, pioneer of Islamic banking and finance in Malaysia, rector and CEO of Insaniah University College. Prior to working at Insaniah, he served as dean of admissions and records division (1989-1999) and deputy rector academic affairs (1999-2003) at International Islamic University Malaysia.
He was born in 1950 in Kepala Batas, Kedah. He received his early education at Sekolah Kebangsaan Kepala Batas, and Sekolah Kebangsaan Padang Garong, Kota Baharu, Kelantan. In 1962 he was named as the overall best student in the state of Kelantan. In 1969 he joined Institut Teknologi Mara (ITM) where he pursued a four year program in statistics. In 1985 he received a diploma in Islamic studies from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia. He is married to Datin Zuraidah Binti Ahmad Murad and has four children.
- Research Officer of MARDI, Serdang, Malaysia
- Lecturer, Institute Technology of MARA, Malaysia
- Founding member of KENMS, IIUM
- Deputy Dean of Economic Kulliyyah, IIUM
- Head of Economics Department, IIUM
- Dean of Admissions and Records, IIUM
- Deputy Rector (Academics), International Islamic University, Malaysia (IIUM)
He received the following awards among others:
- The title of Darjah Kebesaran Gemilang Seri Mahkota Kedah Yang Dihormati (DGMK) conferred by His Majesty Sultan of Kedah Darul Aman in 2011.
- The title of Darjah Paduka Mahkota Kedah (DPMK) conferred by His Majesty the 77th Monarch Tuanku Sultan of Kedah Darul Aman on the 17th of April 2005, which caries the title of Dato.
- The title of Darjah Indera Mahkota Pahang (DIMP) conferred by His Majesty the 68th Monarch Tuanku Sultan of Pahang Darul Makmur on the 28th of October 1998, which carries the title of 'Dato'.
- Honorary Service Award from International Islamic University Malaysia in 2000.
- Honorary Service Award from International Islamic University Malaysia in 1999.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (March 2012)|