||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Possible promotional content, layout, wikification, spelling, grammar, typographical errors, tone, and sourcing.... (April 2014)|
|Elevation||169 m (554 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Jammalamadugu is a town in Kadapa district of Andhra Pradesh in India. It lies on the left bank of the river Penneru. Mylavaram reservoir was constructed on this river near the town, and GANDIKOTA reservoir near Gandikota fort. This place, sometimes referred to as Jambulamadugu in the earlier records, is the only town in the taluk and is the headquarters. It is almost in the border of three Rayalaseema districts YSR District(Kadapa), Kurnool and Anantapur. It is also the headquarters of the Revenue Division and the Block bearing its name. Jammalamadugu has a considerable export trade in coarse sarees, produced both in the town and in adjoining villages. It is equally famous for its trade in ghee and also trades in cotton, groundnut, jowar and other millets. In recent years its trade in citrus fruits appears to be on the increase. There are many lemon orchards near the bank of penna river and surrounding areas.
Jammalamadugu is located at  It has an average elevation of 169 metres (554 feet)..
As of 2001[update] India census, Jammalamadugu had a population of 90,502. Males constitute 49% of the population and females 51%. Jammalamadugu has an average literacy rate of 79.5%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 85%, and female literacy is 74%. 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
There are many schools colleges and some of the state run institutions include
- Govt degree college
- Govt polytechnic college
- Govt Junior and I.T.I colleges
- Zilla Parisad high schools
- sri narapura venkateswara swamy temple, kanyakaparameswari temple, ambabhavani temple, saibaba temple muddanur road,chowdeswari temple,sri gangabhavani temple,sri anjaneyaswamitemple,sri ramalingeswaraswami temple.
Gandikota fort and the Penna valley, Gandikota resovior.
Danuvulapadu Jains old pilgrim place. (8 km from Jammalamdugu)
Agasteswara Kona - *Lord Siva and Datta Peetam. (18 km from Jammalamdugu, 12 km from Mylavaram Resorvior, 2 km from Gurappa Kona)
- Chowdeswari Devi(Ammavaru), Sri Rama Temple. (16 km from Jammalamdugu, 3 km from Gundlakunta)
- Reservoir and museum. (5 km from Jammalamadugu)
Kanyatheertham - bala thripurasundari devi (amma vari) temple. (15 km from Jammalamdugg)
Vellala - sanjeevaraya swamy temple and rajolu anakatta on kundhu river. (25 km from Jammlamadugu)
- Nayanalappa Kona - nayanalappa swamy temple (lord siva). (18 km from Jammalamadugu). *Peddakomerla - Bramham wife's village and dalmia cements. (6 km from Jammmalamdugu). *Ahobhilum Narasimhaswamy temple (70 km from Jammalamadugu, 30 km from Allagadda)
Yaganti umamaheswra swamy (lord siva) temple (72 km from Jammmlamadugu..14 km from Banaganapalle)
Proddutur - *sri kanyakaparameswari temple, sivalayam, rameswaram and gold shops (21 km from Jammalamdugu)
- Bhramhamgari Matam - potuluri bramham gari matam (72 km from Jammalamadugu, 50 km from Proddutu, 32 km from Mydukur)
- 72 km from Kadapa, Tadiptri, and Nandyala..21 km from Proddutur..36KM from Allagadda..42 km from Mydukur..45 km from Kovelakuntla..56 km from Pulivendula..125 from Ananthapur..143 km from Kurnool..205 km from Tirupathi & 196 km from Nellore
- 345 km from Hyderabad..340 km from Bangalore..345 km from Chennai and 375 km from Vijayavada
- APSRTC bus services and private services from all major cities like Hyderabad, Vijayavada, Kurnool, Kadapa, Nellore, Anathpuram, Tadipatri, Madanapalli in Andhrapadesh, Bangalore and Chennai
- Muddanur (20 km from Jammalamadugu) main route from Chennai to Bombay and Hyaderabad
- Yerraguntla (34 km from Jammalamdugu) main station
- Kadapa Airport will start shortly (72 km from Jammalamadugu) APSRTC bus services available from Kadapa to Jammalamadugu
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Jammalamadugu
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jammalamadugu.|
- Exclusive website for Jammalamadugu
- Exclusive website for Jammalamadugu - Sri Vasavi Kanyakaparameswari Temple