||An automated process has detected links on this page on the local or global blacklist.|
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (August 2009)|
|• Body||Municipal Council, Jamner|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Telephone code||+ 91 2580|
|Nearest city||Jalgaon 35km|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Jamner|
|Civic agency||Municipal Council, Jamner|
Jamner is a town and taluka in the Jalgaon subdivision of Jalgaon district in Nashik division of Khandesh region of Maharashtra state in India. Jamner is famous for cotton, banana and oranges. Its main markets are Neri, Pahur and Shendurni.
- Famous Personalities: Late Rajmal Lakhichand (RL Gold),Late"Shrimant"Babaji ragho patil, socialist and patil as a "watandar" of his time. British gave him an honorary title as "SHRIMANT",rashid Ahmed Zubairy (1920-1979) (Commissioner of Co-operatives, Maharashtra and later Secretary to Government of Maharashtra), Qazi Khurshid Ahmed Zubairy (1918-1984)(First Sarpanch of Jamner, Largest landlord of his time, Chief Quazi and founder of Anglo-Urdu School and Anjuman Taraqqi-e Taleem Education Trust).Mr.Girish R.Parikh(ICE Educational & Technical Academy )runs Educational & Guidance Center to provide “Second Chance" Education to those who have discontinued their formal education or could not join regular college.
The present MLA is Girish Mahajan. Jamner is famous for its educational institutions. It is located on the Aurangabad Burhanpur Highway. The NHAI and Maharshtra Govt. proposed a new Expressway Aurangabad Indore-Ajanta Expressway which passes through Jamner. A narrow-gauge railway line connects Pachora to Jamner. TOurist destination in and around Jamner include the Ajanta caves (35 km), Ramvan (4 km), the Durga temple (8 km), and a hill which is home to a famous Shiva temple.
- Nearest airport: Jalgaon (27.8 km distance from Jamner)
- Nearest railway stations: Jamner, Bodwad, Pachora, Jalgaon, Bhusawal JN.
Post Offices with Pin Code in Jamner Talula
- Shendurni - 424204
- Pahur - 424205
- Jamner - 424206
- Wakadi - 424207
- Fattepur - 424209
- State Bank of India - Waki Road, Jamner
- State Bank of India - Agriculture Development Branch, Jamner
- State Bank of Hydrabad - Weekly Bazaar Road.
- IDBI Bank - Gandhi Chowk, Jamner
- Central Bank of India - Jamner
- JDCC Bank - Jamner
- ICICI Bank - Bhusawal Road Jamner
- HDFC Bank - Bajarang Pure Road Jamner
- BANK OF MAHARASHTRA - Near panchyat samiti, jamner
- BULDHANA URBAN CO.BANK, pachora road
- 1) In the month of June-2010, State Bank of India launched ATM Facility at Waki Road Branch, Jamner.
- 2) near ICICI bank, bhusaval road.
- 3) near HDFC bank, bajrangpura road.
- 4) near BANK OF MAHARASHTRA, waki road.
- 5) IDBI ATM in shree ram market, aathavde bazar.
- Shrimant Babaji ragho patil Mangal Karyalaya jamner
- Dhariwal Mangal karyalaya & Bhagirathi Bai vachanalay jamner
- School and colleges:
- New English School,Bhusawal Road, Jamner
- Indirabai Lalawani vidyalaya jamner
- Indirabai Lalawani Jr College Jamner
- Nutan Prathamik Vidya Mandir Jamner
- Manoharlal Dhariwal Science College
- Geetabai Mahajan Arts college
- Also, a commerce college as well.
- Shree Sureshdada Jain Pharmacy ( B.Pharm & M. Pharm Pharmaceutics ) college
- Anglo Urdu Highschool Jamner
- KANYA MADHYAMIK VIDYALAY, WAKI ROAD,JAMNER.
- DNYANGANGA VIDYALAY, WAKI ROAD, JAMNER
- LITTLE FLOWERS ENGLISH MEDIUM SCHOOL, JAMNER
- JAIN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, JALGAON ROAD, JAMNER.
- BOHARA CENTRAL SCHOOL, JALGAON ROAD, JAMNER.
- LORD GANSHA ENGLISH MEDIUM SCHOOL, JAMNER
- BRIGHT STARS ENGLISH MEDIUM SCHOOL, JAMNER.Manali Mahendra RanitÅ
- SURESH DHARIWAL POLYTECHNIC, PALASKHEDE BK.,JAMNER.
- JAMEELA BEE SHAIKH PRE-PREMARY SCHOOL,MADANI NAGER,JAMNER.
Jamner Bus Stand
Jamner bus stand is situated at center of the city. With the help of bus service Jamner is connected to Jalgaon, Bhusawal,Bodawad,Pahur etc. MSRTC provides the buses for jalgaon and bhusawal after every half an hour. contact no. for bus stand is 02580-230026
Pachora Jamner (PJ) Railway
The Pachora-Jamner railway line was constructed by Messrs Shapoorji Godbole and Co. of Bombay. The Pachora-Pahur section was opened up in 1918 and the rest of the sections in 1919.[History of Indian Railways: Ministry of Railways.] On termination of the contracts with the former Great Indian Peninsula Railway Company, the line was brought under direct State management with effect from 1 July 1925.
This is a narrow gauge (2'—6") line with a length of 34.62 miles. It passes through more or less plain countryside with banana orchards at many a place.
The stations on this line (with their distance from Pachora) are: Varkhedi 7, Pimpaleaon 13. Shendurni 18. Pahur 25. Bhagdara 30 and Jamner 35. The number of passengers booked at the stations in the vear ending 31 March 1957 was as follows: Varkhcdi 1.00.946: Pimpalgaon 56.445: Shendurni 1,36,055; Pahur 99,750; Bhagdara 31249 and Jamner 76,910.