Jan C. A. Boeyens
|Jan C. A. Boeyens|
|Alma mater||University of Pretoria|
Jan C. A. Boeyens (born 1934) is a South African chemist.
Boeyens was educated at the University of Pretoria. 1965 he worked in the National Physics Research Laboratory of South Africa, 1965 in Stanford. 1981 he became a professor of chemistry at the University of the Witwatersrand, in 1991 dean of the faculty of science of this university.
He has written or co-written more than 600 scientific contributions. Some of his books are used as textbooks of theoretical chemistry all over the world.
As an emeritus he wrote books challenging the current scientific consensus about the adequacy of quantum mechanics. He claims to be able to establish more accurate modern physics and chemistry without using higher mathematics by using some elementary number theory.
Numerologists can interpret great historical and cosmic events, predict the future and explain human nature.
Volumes have been written about the red herring known as Schrödinger’s cat. Without science writers looking for sensation, it is difficult to see how such nonsense could ever become a topic for serious scientific discussion.
All advances in chemistry happen at the bench, as it should, but without the theoretical understanding, even of common events such as intramolecular rearrangement. No calculation can predict chemical reactions.
It is a myth that chemistry derives from quantum theory. More fundamental than both is the periodic table that reduces the properties of matter to a number basis, which is revealed only peripherally in the differential equations of quantum theory.
- Boeyens, Jan C. A. (2003), The Theories of Chemistry, Elsevier, ISBN 978-0-444-51491-2.
- Boeyens, Jan C. A. (2005), New Theories for Chemistry, Elsevier, ISBN 978-0-444-51867-5.
- Boeyens, Jan C. A.; Levendis, Demetrius C. (2008), Number Theory and the Periodicity of Matter, Berlin: Springer-Verlag, ISBN 978-1-4020-6659-7.
- Boeyens, Jan C. A. (2008), Chemistry from First Principles, Berlin: Springer-Verlag, ISBN 978-1-4020-8545-1.
- Boeyens, Jan C. A. (2010), Chemical Cosmology, Dordrecht: Springer-Verlag, ISBN 978-90-481-3827-2.
- Boeyens, Jan C. A.; Comba, Peter (2013), Electronic Structure and Number Theory: Bohr`s Boldest Dreams, Springer-Verlag, ISBN 978-3-642-31976-1.
- Jan C. A. Boeyens, Demetrius C. Levendis: Number Theory and the Periodicity of Matter. Springer Netherlands, 2008, ISBN 978-1-4020-6659-7
- Jan C. A. Boeyens: Chemistry from First Principles. Springer Science, Berlin 2008, ISBN 978-1-4020-8546-8
|This article about a South African scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|