Jan Kaus in 2010.
January 22, 1971
|Notable works||Õndsate tund, Tema, Miniatuurid, Hetk|
Life and work
Jan Kaus studied education and philosophy in Tallinn. In 1995, he took his teacher's examination.
Kaus currently works as poetry and prose writer and publicist. In addition, he also works as a literary critic, essayist, visual artist, guitarist and translator from English and Finnish.
From 1998 to 2001 Kaus was the editor of the Estonian literary weekly Sirp. From 2004 to 2007 he was chairman of the Estonian Writers' Union (Estonian Eesti Kirjanike liit). Since 2007, he again worked at Sirp.
- Üle ja ümber (novellas, 2000)
- Maailm ja mõni (novel, 2001)
- Õndsate tund (novellas, 2003)
- Läbi Minotauruse (collection of essays, 2003)
- Tema (novel, 2005)
- Miniatuurid (short stories, 2009)
- Hetk (novel, 2009)
- Koju (novel)
- Cornelius Hasselblatt, Geschichte der estnischen Literatur Berlin, New York 2006 (ISBN 3-11-018025-1), p 784 (German)
- Estonian literary magazine, Estonian Institute, 2000, p144