|Date of birth||4 November 1965|
|Place of birth||Plzeň, Czechoslovakia|
|1971-1977||TJ Sokol Medlánky|
|1977-1982||TJ KPS Brno|
|1983-1987||TJ KS Brno|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
Jan Maroši (born 4 November 1965) is a Czech former football player. He made two international appearances for the Czechoslovakia national football team and is also known for having scored directly from a corner for Sigma Olomouc in a 1992–93 UEFA Cup match against Juventus. He made a total of 366 top flight appearances spanning the end of the Czechoslovak First League and the beginning of the Gambrinus liga, scoring 67 goals. In 2006 Maroši was ranked 15th on the list of players with most appearances in the Czech and/or Czechoslovak top flight since the Czechoslovak First League began in 1925.
Maroši started out at Sigma Olomouc in 1987. Olomouc achieved third-place finishes in the Czechoslovak First League in 1990–91 and 1991–92 and subsequently qualified twice for the UEFA Cup. In the 1991–92 UEFA Cup, Maroši scored in the second round match against Torpedo Moscow and Olomouc went on to reach the quarter finals.
In the following season's 1992–93 UEFA Cup, Maroši again featured in Olomouc's European campaign, scoring the fourth goal in a 7–1 thrashing of Fenerbahçe in the second round. Although he scored a late goal directly from a corner against Juventus in the third round, it was to no avail as Juventus went on to win the tie comfortably, 7–1 on aggregate and subsequently went on to win the whole competition.
Maroši spent the second half of his career at Brno, joining in 1994. After Pavel Tobiáš became manager of Brno in the 2000–01 Gambrinus liga, Maroši was told he was surplus to requirements, signalling an end to his playing career at the top level.
After the top
- "Maroši trénoval přímé kopy na vratech garáží" (in Czech). denik.cz. 7 October 2010. Retrieved 13 January 2012.
- Ceský a ceskoslovenský fotbal - lexikon osobností a klubu; by Luboš Jeřábek; Grada Publishing; Prague; 2007; ISBN 978-80-247-1656-5; via Google Books
- "Zápasy SK Sigma Olomouc v evropských pohárech" (in Czech). sigmafotbal.cz. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- "Legenda Maroši má narozeniny, dostal nominaci do nejlepší sestavy historie" (in Czech). idnes.cz. 4 November 2010. Retrieved 13 January 2012.
- "Maroši: Trenér musel vědět, jaký jsem typ" (in Czech). idnes.cz. 3 October 2000. Retrieved 13 January 2012.
- "Maroši pomáhá Dolním Kounicím" (in Czech). idnes.cz. 30 October 2002. Retrieved 13 January 2012.
- "Najde fotbalové Brno štěstí v cizině? Dva až tři hráči jsou šikovní, říká Čuhel" (in Czech). idnes.cz. 10 January 2011. Retrieved 28 January 2012.