|Date of birth||7 January 1993|
|Place of birth||Škofja Loka, Slovenia|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|2010||→ Beira-Mar (loan)||0||(0)|
|2011||→ Olhanense (loan)||0||(0)|
|2011–2012||→ União Leiria (loan)||16||(0)|
|2012–2013||→ Rio Ave (loan)||28||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 9 March 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in the Upper Carniolan town of Škofja Loka, Oblak started his career in his hometown playing for NK Ločan. At the age of ten he moved to NK Olimpija Ljubljana, rejecting a contract from Empoli F.C. in favour of a trial at Fulham in 2009 but eventually not leaving, committing his future with a contract extension until 2011.
Oblak made his professional debuts in the 2009–10 season aged only 16, only missing three league games for Olimpija as it ranked in fourth position. On 14 June 2010 he signed a contract with S.L. Benfica, being immediately loaned to fellow top level outfit S.C. Beira-Mar; he finished 2010–11 with S.C. Olhanense, totalling ten bench appearances combined.
In July 2013 Oblak failed to present himself for preseason training, claiming he had no contract with Benfica. Late into the following month he signed a contract extension until 2018, describing the situation as a "misunderstanding".
After longtime incumbent Artur Moraes made some mistakes midway through the 2013–14 campaign, manager Jorge Jesus dropped him in favour of Oblak, and the latter went on to keep several clean sheets in his first starts, notably in a 2–0 home win against F.C. Porto.
- As of 9 March 2014
|Year||Friendlies||World Cup||European Championships||Total|
- "Fulham move for Olimpic Ljubljana goalkeeper Jan Oblak". Tribal Football. 17 July 2009. Retrieved 13 June 2010.
- "Jan Oblak rejects Fulham after trials". Tribal Football. 30 July 2009. Retrieved 13 June 2010.
- Jan Oblak v Benfici (Jan Oblak to Benfica); Olimpija's official website, 14 June 2010 (Slovene)
- "Cajuda: "Oblak tem excelentes capacidades"" [Cajuda: "Oblak has great skills"] (in Portuguese). Record. 19 January 2012. Retrieved 12 March 2012.
- "Oblak ainda não se apresentou" [Oblak still hasn't showed up] (in Portuguese). Futebol 365. 13 July 2013. Retrieved 26 August 2013.
- "Jan Oblak foi reintegrado: "O Benfica é o meu clube e estou feliz"" [Jan Oblak has been reinstated: "Benfica is my club and i am happy"] (in Portuguese). Benfica's official website. 25 August 2013. Retrieved 26 August 2013.
- "Oblak fecha a porta da baliza ao dragão" [Oblak closes goal to dragon] (in Portuguese). Record. 12 January 2014. Retrieved 20 January 2014.
- "Oblak morde os calcanhares ao melhor Artur" [Oblak bites best Artur in the heels] (in Portuguese). Record. 20 January 2014. Retrieved 20 January 2014.
- "Slovenia undone as Norway strike late". UEFA.com. 11 September 2012. Retrieved 6 November 2012.
- PrvaLiga player profile (Slovene)
- Stats and profile at Zerozero
- Stats at ForaDeJogo
- Jan Oblak at National-Football-Teams.com
- Transfermarkt profile