Jan Willem Klop
|Jan Willem Klop|
December 19, 1945|
|Thesis||Combinatory Reduction Systems (1980)|
|Doctoral advisor||Dirk van Dalen, Henk Barendregt|
|Notable awards||University of East Anglia honorary doctorate (2002), IFIP WG 1.6 honorary member (2011)|
Jan Willem Klop is a professor of applied logic at Vrije Universiteit in Amsterdam. He holds a Ph.D. in mathematical logic from Utrecht University. Klop is known for his work on the Algebra of Communicating Processes, co-author of TeReSe and his fixed point combinator
- Yk = (L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L)
- L = λabcdefghijklmnopqstuvwxyzr. (r (t h i s i s a f i x e d p o i n t c o m b i n a t o r))
- Jan Willem Klop (1980). Combinatory Reduction Systems (Ph.D. thesis). Utrecht University.
- J.C.M. Baeten, Jan Bergstra, Jan Willem Klop (1987). "Term Rewriting Systems with Priorities". In Lescanne, Pierre. Rewriting Techniques and Applications, 2nd Int. Conf., RTA-87. LNCS 256. Springer. pp. 83–94. — preceding technical report FVI 86-03
- Y. Toyama, Jan Willem Klop, Henk Barendregt (1989). "Termination for the Direct Sum of left-Linear Term Rewriting Systems -Preliminary Draft-". In Nachum Dershowitz. Rewriting Techniques and Applications, 3rd Int. Conf., RTA-89. LNCS 355. Springer. pp. 477–491. — preceding technical report IEICE COMP 88-90
- N. Dershowitz, Jean-Pierre Jouannaud, Jan Willem Klop (1991). "Open Problems in Rewriting". In Ronald V. Book. Rewriting Techniques and Applications, 4th Int. Conf., RTA-91. LNCS 488. Springer. pp. 445–456.
- Kennaway, R. and Klop, J.W. and Sleep, M.R. and de Vries, F.-J. (1991). "Transfinite Reductions in Orthogonal Term Rewriting Systems (Extended Abstract)". In Book, Ronald V. Rewriting Techniques and Applications, 4th Int. Conf., RTA-91. LNCS 488. Springer. pp. 1–12.
- Dershowitz, N. and Jouannaud, J.-P. and Klop, J.W. (1993). "More Problems in Rewriting". In Kirchner, Claude. Rewriting Techniques and Applications, 5th Int. Conf., RTA-93. LNCS 690. Springer. pp. 468–487.
- Kennaway, R. and Klop, J.W. and Sleep, M.R. and de Vries, F.-J. (1995). "Infinitary Lambda Calculi and Böhm Models". In Hsiang, Jieh. 6th Int. Conf. on Rewriting Techniques and Applications (RTA). LNCS 914. Springer. pp. 257–270.
- Klop, J.W. (1998). "Origin Tracking in Term Rewriting (invited lecture)". In Tobias Nipkow. Rewriting Techniques and Applications, 9th Int. Conf., RTA-98. LNCS 1379. Springer. p. 1.
- Jan Willem Klop (2007). "New Fixed Point Combinators From Old". In Erik Barendsen and Herman Geuvers and Venanzio Capretta and Milad Niqui. Reflections on Type Theory, Lambda Calculus, and the Mind — Essays Dedicated to Henk Barendregt on the Occasion of his 60th Birthday. University Nijmegen. pp. 197–210. ISBN 978-90-9022446-6. Here: nr.1.3, p.198
|This article about a person from the Netherlands is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a European mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|